Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garage Door Sensor  (Read 5010 times)

jim

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Garage Door Sensor
« on: December 07, 2005, 11:36:32 PM »

I would like to have a sensor that detects
if the garage door is open, and transmit
that signal to multiple indicator lights.
I don't need anything really sophisticated,
just a simple indicator light.  Does X-10
have a product that will do this?  Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Garage Door Sensor
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:47:11 PM »

Is there an AC outlet you can use or do you
need a totaly RF Remote setup.

bmize13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 07:25:42 PM »

I have been waiting to see a response to this...  I'm considering purchasing an X10 system for my home.  If I do have an AC outlet nearby, how does that help/hinder me? 

I seem to see pretty much everything I want, except the ability to monitor my garage doors...

X10Securitysystems

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
    • X10 Security Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 08:14:52 PM »

Hi there,

Clearly there are endless uses for X10 products. Customizing the use for your task is the goal. For monitoring a garage door, you could use one of the Door/Window sensors included in the DS700 kit- just the way you would monitor a typical door or window. If the door was opened while the alarm was armed, you would get flashing light notification, siren, and could set it up to notify you by phone. If you had the alarm set to RUN2, unarmed  you would get a chime once the door opened and a status indicator light on the console would light up to let you know which zone (in this case the garage) was tripped.

We have a great list of uses for the Protector Plus, check it out sometime...http://www.x10securitysystems.com/other.html

Hopefully that helps,

X10 Security Team
X10 Security Systems Advisor
X10SecuritySystems.com

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 09:35:17 PM »

bmize13:  having a outlet near by just increases your options and more reliability!
There are a number of ways you can monitor your garage door X10Securitysystems just gave you one!
You can do any number of things even tie into your remote door opener but thats getting into some complex stuff.(you want it to be secure)
You could just set up a universal switch which is triggered when the door is open.and when the door is closed the contact on the universal is closed!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bmize13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 12:46:25 AM »

Hey, thanks for the link!  I've been watching this for a short while, and am realizing that there is more to X10 than initially realized.  I'll most likely be ordering a system in the next couple of days... tomorrow if I can convince the wife!

I'm looking at the 23-piece package...  I know that doesn't include the garage door monitors, and I don't think I want to use a door/window sensor, so I'll have to do a bit of research to find a suitable solution.  But, on the bright side... this seems as flexible and customizable as any system I'm likely to find, for less money to boot!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.