Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cudos to X10 - Thanks to everyone here.  (Read 4786 times)

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cudos to X10 - Thanks to everyone here.
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »

Got my surveillance system up and running. This is an excellent system for the money. Have both the alarm system and the surveillance systems working well with remote access enabled too.

Thanks again everyone!

immyfish

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Cudos to X10 - Thanks to everyone here.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:56:33 PM »

Nice!
It only took 40 posts to get your system up and running the way it's supposed to! Impressive!
Seriously, it's good to hear some positve once in a while (Lord knows you don't hear it from me yet)
Good job!

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Cudos to X10 - Thanks to everyone here.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 02:23:43 PM »

Nice!
It only took 40 posts to get your system up and running the way it's supposed to! Impressive!
Seriously, it's good to hear some positve once in a while (Lord knows you don't hear it from me yet)
Good job!

Yes, some it is confusing, yes it took 40 posts  :D, but I'm up and running. For the price, it's not bad. If you like messing with things, at least it's fun. Now that I'm up to speed I can see that things work as advertized. Still milling over as to where the confusion came in, it's not as simple as it looks, but at the same time, it does work as advertized. Definitely not for beginners. I'm a software engineer and a garage tinkerer and it still took some figuring. If I was all thumbs it would have been impossible. But considering they're really just selling you components and it's up to you to get it right, it's reasonable. I can see where the career in security installation comes into play. After getting everything installed to my liking I learned a lot. Takes about as much expertise as say being a cable installation guy. Doesn't take a rocket scientist but you certainly couldn't just hire someone off the street give them no training and say go to it. What you're getting with the X10 components is just that, components, without the high cost of labor or service fees. Your time is your service fee.

What kinds of problems are you having?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.