Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question on installing ACT CR234  (Read 3809 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Question on installing ACT CR234
« on: January 06, 2008, 10:27:43 PM »

I currently have a Signalinc 4826B which, I suspect, is creating more line interference than signal improvement. Also, the physical location isn't desirable as the laundry room is on the second floor of a 4,300 sq ft house...two floors up from the service panel in the basement.

I've filtered identified signal suckers and line noise, and now I'm thinking/hoping installing an CR234 at the service box will be an improvement.

In reading the manual for the CR234, however, I'm still unclear as to the installation requirements. Should this be installed on two dedicated separate/adjacent 15amp single-pole circuit breakers, or should it be attached to double-pole breaker?

Any help, especially diagrams for the DIY layman greatly appreciated!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Question on installing ACT CR234
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 06:49:45 AM »

I have the CR134 3 Phase/Split Phase model that I have set to act like the CR234.
Personally I would go for a dual breaker if new ones have to be installed. Sometimes adjacent breakers can be on the same phase.
I have two adjacent ones myself. My box was filled already.
If you have any more questions just ask. I got a nice tutorial email from Act's engineer's through my vendor. They has subbed a CR134 for my ordered CR234 and I had added questions on using it split phase.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.