Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CM15A & Hawkeye II Motion Sensor  (Read 17770 times)

Cypher

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CM15A & Hawkeye II Motion Sensor
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 10:46:32 PM »

Well, it looks I've at least identified most of the problem.  I replaced the batteries in both the Motion Sensor and the Slimfire remote, and it made no difference.  I finally got the Slimfire remote to work when I actually held the remote against the CM15A.  I had the Motion Sensor within only about 2 feet during all of my initial testing, and when I moved it away to replace the batteries, I discovered it wasn't working either.

I can only assume at this point that the antenna inside the CM15A is not connected during assembly.  Since it is working while the transmitting device is extremely close, the electronics are obviously working correctly.  At least I have determined the Motion sensor has a higher output signal than the Slimfire remote. ;)

To make things even more interesting, I opted to move my Lamp Module(HC10LM) to another outlet outside of my office, about 6 feet away, and now it doesn't work at all.  And I thought I might get away without a phase coupler. :'(

How much is hobby really cost. ;D ??? ;D

Cypher

dahur

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 12:27:19 AM »

I recently bought two Hawkeye motion sensors. One of them works great outside on the front porch, transmits through the front metal doors, goes about 60 ft  through walls, to the CM.  The other one will not work more than ten feet away.  Changing batteries makes no difference, the one just has a much shorter range for some reason. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:35:04 AM by dahur »

Cypher

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »

I know this is off topic, but can anybody tell me what the typical turn-around time for warranty replacement is?

Cypher

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 02:57:55 PM »

How much is hobby really cost. ;D ??? ;D

As much as your willing to spend! ;) :D ;D
You'll always find something more you want to automate! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Cypher

Re: CM15A & Hawkeye II Motion Sensor**Update**
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 01:16:40 PM »

Updated.

I've sent my CM15A and the 3-way XPD3 switch in for X10 for replacement.  Purchased a new CM15A and switch from Ebay and received it yesterday.

Got home, plugged in the usb and wham, everything works as promissed.  Amazing!! 8)

For future reference, don't dismiss the CM15A as a possible point of problems.  It was not working with RF or signal through the powerline correctly. >:(

As a side note, I purchased about $1,400 worth of goodies from Ebay, so I"ll be busy for the next few days harassing the home bodies with lights going off and on. ;D

Cypher

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: CM15A & Hawkeye II Motion Sensor**Update**
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »

For future reference, don't dismiss the CM15A as a possible point of problems. 

I don't think you will find an argument against that statement.  :D
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.