Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activity Monitor Problems  (Read 5086 times)

tomh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Activity Monitor Problems
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:21 PM »

My Acitivity Monitor does not show all activity.  I noticed a few weeks ago that certain commnands on my H2 module weren't showing up as they should.  Corrupted AHX file???  Well, I uninstalled everything according to the directions X10 sent me to include the AHX file.  I do not have any RF transmitters unaccounted for which might send errant signals (I know that problem too well).  I re-entered just a few timers to keep it as clean as possible (actually I performed the uninstall and reinstall twice).  I have noticed that the X10 directions do not always completely uninstall everything since the original file name I used carries over, just not the modules/macros/timers.  The only changes I have made since I notice this is the additon of a couple of compact fluorescent lights which I did plug into 5 amp filters.  I also have a backup CM15 which I also tried.  The batteries were removed from each unit for at least 30" before the reinstall.  The commands are being committed as far as I can tell.  My H2 module is for my water heater (H2 = H2O).  The blocks under Find Other Computers are green in the H section.  Logic makes me think it is a software issue, I just can't prove it.  I have XP SP3 and the latest version of AHP with the macro plug-in.  What does everyone think??

Thanks,

tomh
 ??? 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 283
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Activity Monitor Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:53:58 PM »

Have you gone threw all the settings even the activity monitor view?
Many things get set to wierd defalts, depending on version you installed!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tomh

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »

I do have version 3.236.  I checked the settings under View in the Activity Monitor and they are all checked (Transmit, RF, Receive, Macros, and Autoscroll).   I receive ghost signals on occasion (such as J3 just now).  I don't have any modules with J3, not even in the trash. 

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:52:59 PM »

I suggest getting rid of 3.236, it seems to be another buggy upgrade to AHP. Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and download 3.204 and install it over the current 3,236. Before you execute the 3.204 version, shut AHP (if it's open) down, then install 3.204.   Your .ahx files will not be disturbed.  Once the install is finished, open AHP and upgrade to 3.228 through the link in AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tomh

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 07:38:36 AM »

Thanks, I may just do that.  I did notice something this morning.  I set my monitored house code to H (the troublesome one) under the hardware entry last night.  Lo and behold, the H module showed up as it should this morning.  I have set it back to auto and will see what it does by tomorrow morning.  It should behave badly again if I'm right.  This should help me determine if there's a bug since I only have a B and H module set up with timers for simplicity. 

tomh 

tomh

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »

Dan,

Which of the entries on the link page is 3.204?  I don't see that particular designation listed.

Thanks,

tomh

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 283
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »

Thanks, I may just do that.  I did notice something this morning.  I set my monitored house code to H (the troublesome one) under the hardware entry last night.  Lo and behold, the H module showed up as it should this morning.  I have set it back to auto and will see what it does by tomorrow morning.  It should behave badly again if I'm right.  This should help me determine if there's a bug since I only have a B and H module set up with timers for simplicity. 

tomh 
The Auto setting seems to be an issue that keeps popping up(every other update)! :(
Set the Transceived House codes to Specific and try that!
Link for 3.204
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tomh

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:42 AM »

I set my Transcieved House Code to Auto yesterday and checked my Activity Monitor this morning.  There were no H module commands noted.  As a matter of fact, there were no B module codes either (these are the two I'm using for testing purposes).  So, either modules show up intermittently or not at all on the Auto setting.  I set up the monitored code for B today (Specific) and will see if any commands come thorugh.  When set on H (Specific) yesterday, things seem to work correctly.  I'm thinking if everything works this time tomorrow it can be attributed to a bug in the software.  The actual commands seem to be working since I have my water heater connected to H and outdoor lights to B.  The wife and kids have not been glaring at me or screaming that there isn't any hot water early in the morning before school or work.  We'll see.......

tomh 

tomh

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »

O.K., I just happened to look at my Activity Monitor and noticed that my B module which turns some outdoor lights on and off does not appear.  It should have shown entries for ON at dusk a little while ago.  I did have the Transceived Code set to Specific and monitored code to B.  It seems there are more issues here.  I am going to roll back to the previous version and see what happens.

tomh

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »

Once you have 3.204, once it is installed, use the update feature to update to 3.228, the last good version of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tomh

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 08:57:07 PM »

I just picked up another oddity.  My AHX file was in My Documents.  I rolled back to 3.228 and re-entered my modules and timers.  I renamed the file and saved it.  It defaults to the Program Files>AHP file.  I haven't a clue as to how my original file got into the My Documents section.  Would this have any affect?  I have uninstalled/reinstalled twice and noticed that my original file name (Tom's House) popped back up when I saved the new entries.  This tells me it was not a complete uninstall (I did remove the Tom's House file from My Documents).  Are the remnants causing a problems?  I followed the directions X10 gave me to the letter.  Is there an alternative uninstall method?  I was online with the Home Automation site and they mentioned there were some instructions in the forums.  My search turned up nothing.

tomh

tomh

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 08:14:44 AM »

O.K., I stumped.  I rolled everything back to 3.228 and created a new ahx file.  My H2 module only registered at 7 a.m. (it was set up to initiate at 4 a.m., 4:15 a.m., and so on every 15" until 7).  It even threw in a few L1 on and off commnads which I have never entered.  I am almost convinced something is corrupted in the software that isn't being removed with the uninstall/install.  I did a search here on the forum to see if there were directions to perform a more complete uninstall and didn't find anything.  Any ideas?

tomh

dellzip

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 09:48:15 AM »

Have you gone threw all the settings even the activity monitor view?
Many things get set to wierd defalts, depending on version you installed!
has similar issue, trying to set it up to fast :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.