Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: upload that program from my interface cm15a??  (Read 3890 times)

grobert

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
upload that program from my interface cm15a??
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:28:11 PM »

I have a program created years ago with activehome operating properly from my computer interface cm15a. I lost my PC HDD  B:(and had to reload activehome for XP. I do NOT have the program I downloaded into my interface. I want to upload that program from my interface cm15a into my PC so I don't have to start from scratch. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: upload that program from my interface cm15a??
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:39:13 PM »

I have a program created years ago with activehome operating properly from my computer interface cm15a. I lost my PC HDD  B:(and had to reload activehome for XP. I do NOT have the program I downloaded into my interface. I want to upload that program from my interface cm15a into my PC so I don't have to start from scratch. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Sorry to hear that.  This has been discussed many times on this forum, usually with AHP users in your exact position.

I'm even more sorry to break the news to you that there is no way yet to upload a working program from the CM15A into a format that AHP can understand.  AHP produces a binary file that the CM15A understands for downloading to the interface, but AHP doesn't know how to translate the binary file back into a AHP style .ahx file.

If you don't have a backup copy of your old AHP .ahx file, I'm afraid you're stuck with starting over.   B:(
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »

The only chance you have is if you got a new hard drive for you os.  Maybe you can plug your old drive in and access    some of the files as a second drive.  sometimes they work for a few minutes or  so  .  good luck.
M M ElectricMan

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »

FWIW

Piggy backing on to mellomarks thoughts. Put your old drive in the freezer for a few hours and then hook it up as a slave drive. You might get it to spin long enough to retrieve information.
I have seen it work but don't know why. It would seem like the cold would seize the drive but I guess not.

Like I said FWIW
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »

Plus to add to dave w's and Mellowmark's excellent posts,  if you use AHP, ALWAYS back up your .ahx files to both a second HS or to A usb flash drive.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »

FWIW

Piggy backing on to mellomarks thoughts. Put your old drive in the freezer for a few hours and then hook it up as a slave drive. You might get it to spin long enough to retrieve information.
I have seen it work but don't know why. It would seem like the cold would seize the drive but I guess not.

Like I said FWIW
Do not do this if your humidity is high.  The thing will be soaking wet the instant you take it out of the freezer. 

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »

Do not do this if your humidity is high.  The thing will be soaking wet the instant you take it out of the freezer. 

[/quote]
Unless the case seal is broken, it should have dry nitrogen in the platter housing. Only the exterior will have condensate.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

Water all over the circuit board is not going to be helpful.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.