Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PROBLEMS WITH MY LM12 MODULES  (Read 3800 times)

gabrieldedeco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PROBLEMS WITH MY LM12 MODULES
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »

I Need HELP!!!  B:( B:( B:(

I bought some modules, but when i was installing them, only the am12 module worked, the lm12 module didn't work... I live in brazil, here the voltage is 220v 60hz, does anybody have any idea about what is going on here??

Thanks!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: PROBLEMS WITH MY LM12 MODULES
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »

What kind of modules?  Is there a site in Brazil for X10 as this forum is designed for the US and Canada.  Our modules are built for 110 volts.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »

Dan; We welcome forum users from all over the world. Please refrain from your incorrect statements.

gabrieldedeco;
Welcome to the X10 forums.

We may not use the exact modules you have but the basic X10 concepts are the same where ever you are.

Can you give us details on what X10 controller you are using to control them and software if applicable?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:50:20 AM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »

Dan; We welcome forum users from all over the world. Please refrain from your incorrect statements.

gabrieldedeco;
Welcome to the X10 forums.

We may not use the exact modules you have but the basic X10 concepts are the same where ever you are.

Can you give us details on what X10 controller you are using to control them and software if applicable?

Brian, a post like your first line is considered an attack on many boards. Please refain from making statements like that.

gabrieldedeco

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »

I Need HELP!!!  B:( B:( B:(

I bought some modules, but when i was installing them, only the am12 module worked, the lm12 module didn't work... I live in brazil, here the voltage is 220v 60hz, does anybody have any idea about what is going on here??

Thanks!!

I am using marmitek modules, they are 220v but 50hz, the appliance module worked fine, but the lamp module lm12 didnt, i am using the cm15pro module on my computer.  You can see the descriptions of th modules on the links bellow:

http://www.marmitek.com/en/product-details/home-automation-security/x-10-home-automation/plug-in-modules/cm15pro.php
http://www.marmitek.com/en/product-details/home-automation-security/x-10-home-automation/plug-in-modules/am12.php
http://www.marmitek.com/en/product-details/home-automation-security/x-10-home-automation/plug-in-modules/lm12.php
http://www.marmitek.com/en/product-details/home-automation-security/x-10-home-automation/transmitters-and-controllers/sh624.php
http://www.marmitek.com/en/product-details/home-automation-security/x-10-home-automation/transmitters-and-controllers/easycontrol-8-rf.php

Thats my hole setup, just to be clear, the am12 module is working fine, i can turn it on and off, but the lm12 module isnt working, no matter what comand i give it on the computer software or on the remote control it is not working, and i tested with different lm12 modules to see if the module was defective and it sill didnt work... Any idea???

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »

Do the AM12 modules work where the LM12s don't?
Will the LM12s work if you define them as a AM12 and just turn them On and Off?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:11:42 PM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »

Here's what I found from his link for the LM12 module:

Plug-in module for switching and dimming normal light bulbs up to 300W.
    Soft start and smooth dimming features.
    Can be regulated from 0% lighting to the desired dim setting.

gabrieldedeco

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »

Do the AM12 modules work where the LM12s don't?
Will the LM12s work if you define them as a AM12 and just turn them On and Off?
The first question, i dont know, but the second i've already tried to set it like this, and i tried on the remote control as well...

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:30:46 PM »

Is your power single phase?
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

gabrieldedeco

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 12:26:53 PM »

Is your power single phase?
No, but i am using the modules all in the same phase. Im sure that it is not the problem.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »

Then it may be related to how they are defined in AHP. Since I never used AHP, I will defer to others.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »

You may want to try an LM12 where an AM12 works and still call it an AM12. So only On and Off commands are sent and try the remote to control them also in one of the working outlets.
If the LM12 still doesn't work. You may want to ask Marmitek if the 60 cycle power you have will not work with a 50 cycle module. Even if the voltage is correct.

Our version of AHP has a Old Before Soft Start and Lamp Modules choice list. As X10 changed the Lamp Modules and Wall Switches to Soft Start.
The Before List was for the older ones.
The AHP for the CM15Pro from what I have read. Is different and may already know a LM12 is soft start. So the picking the right type may not apply to your version of AHP.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.