Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Faulty chime (PHH02) or electrical problem.  (Read 2652 times)

hollisav

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Faulty chime (PHH02) or electrical problem.
« on: July 27, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »

This is my first post.  I have gotting a lot of info from the people on this forum so thanks a lot.
I am just getting in to X10 so I am still learning.  I only have a few AM466 modules hooked up right now for my CFL lights and after installing some filters and line couplers the are working good with my AHP software.  I purchased a drive way kit, PHH02, MS16A and a RR501.  I set everything up but the chime was not working.  I moved the chime to a different circuit and it worked fine.  I have 2 of the AM466's on the circuit that the chime would not work on.  It sound like the chime is faulty but I don't mind using it on the other circuit as long as it works.  Any ideas why the chime works on one circuit and not the other?  Like I said the AM466's work fine.

Thanks
Hollisav

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Faulty chime (PHH02) or electrical problem.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »

Do you have the chime on the same circuit as the CFL bulbs all the time, or only for testing?
Does it work if you turn off the CFL lights?
If the chime works in some outlets, and not others, then it is probably NOT defective. You probably have a marginal signal level, and/or other noise.
Set it to the same housecode/unitcode as the appliance modules, and see if it works then.

hollisav

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Faulty chime (PHH02) or electrical problem.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »

It is not in the same circuit as the CFL's and I plugged it into the same outlet as the am466.  I even plugged the maxi controller and the chime into the same outlet on the circuit that the chime is not working on and the chime does not work.  If I move the chime back to the circuit that it works on and I leave the maxi controller plugged into the circuit that the chime doesn't work the chime works fine.  The CM15A is plugged into the circuit that the chime does not work on and it controlls everything else fine.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.