Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Home Automation  (Read 6410 times)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Home Automation
« on: May 01, 2006, 03:07:14 AM »

I started using x-10  back in 1994, when Radio Shack sold the devices and you had have an x-10 alarm clock to trigger different events.  I kept talking about it and my wife got me the x-10 pro system for Chirstmas 2005.  This setup really sucks, nothing has changed except for the fact that the interface is better considering my old system had no computer interface.  When I think of Home Automation, I should walk into the house and not worry about the temperature or humidity(air quality), and items should operate without issue.  The CM15A should operate without difficulty, thus I shouldn't have to walk towards and away from the unit praying I hit the zone in which it recieves.  I could probably employ equipment from 12 years and have better results.  I know Radio Shack is crappy company to get modern technology from, yet they dropped X-10, so how out of date and unstable is this technology.   

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Home Automation
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 03:48:31 PM »

There are many threads on here which explain how to get better RF reception from your CM15A they range from simply moving the antena to placeing the unit as high as you can to an antenna mod. Most users have been able to increase there range by more than double by moving the unit to the second floor of their home,that combined with antenna placement should help with out doing the modification to the antenna. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Home Automation
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:28:42 AM »

I have tried moving my CM15A around the house, with no luck.  I really don't want to try any modification which would void the warranty.  I am glad I didn't modify the unit since it shot craps two-weeks ago.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.