Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I get P-All On to act as a trigger for M-All On  (Read 11632 times)

GordL

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can I get P-All On to act as a trigger for M-All On
« on: September 09, 2006, 12:57:16 AM »

My  X10 security console is set for house-code P.  In the event of an intrusion it sends the P-AllOn/AllOff command down the wire alternately to flash the lights on house code P.  I use two other house codes in my home which I would very much like to 'slave' to this such that all 40 (or so) of my X10 controlled lights would flash  I am aware that I should be able to set aside one P device (example P15) and use a smart macro with the trigger set to P15 to fire the AllOn/AllOff commands on my other two house codes but unfortunately this fails.  I suspect that each module can respond to either its house/device code or the AllOn/AllOff code but the interface does not seem to equate P-AllOn to P15-On and therefore never 'sees' the trigger.  Any Thoughts?

Thanks in advance folks.
GordL

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can I get P-All On to act as a trigger for M-All On
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 07:09:50 AM »

Actually the console sends an All Lights On All Lights Off. There is no All Units On command but there is an All Units Off one. Maybe a safety issue as Appliance Modules do not respond to All Lights On commands. That way you can't cycle appliances on and off or turn on a device that may cause a fire if a heater was on it.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 09:02:55 AM »

If it will send an All Off command then maybe you could setup a dummy switch, ad set it to On, then set a macro up to trigger if it is turned off. When the all off is sent the dummy switch will turn off triggering the macro.

I don't have a console yet but plan on getting one soon.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 10:44:44 AM »

If it will send an All Off command then maybe you could setup a dummy switch, ad set it to On, then set a macro up to trigger if it is turned off. When the all off is sent the dummy switch will turn off triggering the macro....
My tests found that the dummy switch did not respond to the "All On" or the "All Off" command.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 01:23:42 PM »

My  X10 security console... ...sends the P-AllOn/AllOff command down the wire alternately to flash the lights on house code P.  I use two other house codes in my home which I would very much like to 'slave' to this such that all 40 (or so) of my X10 controlled lights would flash.

...use a smart macro with the trigger set to P15 to fire the AllOn/AllOff commands on my other two house codes but unfortunately this fails

Any Thoughts?

IMO, this idea won't work because of timing issues.

• Once triggered, the Security Console begins sending out All Lights On / PAUSE ~2 seconds / All Units Off / PAUSE ~2 seconds [repeat]
  • If you place an X10 Signal Meter on your circuit, I don't believe that you'll find any space  between those commands for the SLOW macros to fit in because the Security Console is probably using part of the PAUSE time that you see to re-transmit each command (recall that X10 sends all commands twice)
  • If this is more fact than just my opinion, you may wish to look at my "HOUSECODES: By Room or By Module Type of By Function or By..." post in TTA's X10 Troubleshooting Tips Thread  (Read 335 times) for some "rearranging " ideas.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.