Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not able to get the x10 5 in 1 learning remote to find my dish network code  (Read 21103 times)

allen55

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Good evening

I purchase this great product that works fine except that i cannot program the learning 5 in 1 remote to find the device code for my dish network.  The device code list code # 655 but that device code does not work and its the only code listed.  I even try using the Learning Step  where you can match your device code by facing the remote together to find a match and that doesn't work.  I followed the step listed on page 15 without any success. Does any one have any suggestion.  I can turn on the TV and control the volume only.  My dish network remote has a GUIDE button that allow you to change the network channels and I have not been able to change the Network channels using the X10 5 in 1 remote control which came with my wireless sender and receiver.  I am wondering if my dish network remote is not compatible with the x10 remote control.  I did purchase the powerMid - Infrared Extender as well which is suppose to allow me to use any existing remote to control my dish network satellite system but apparently I have not been successful in controlling the network satelliite system at all.  Not sure what to try next any suggestions... Thank you Allen ???

wrenchmonkey

Why don't you call tech support?

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7

allen55,

Are you sure that your Dish Network remote is an IR remote and not an RF remote?
I think the older Dish Network boxes were RF.
The 5 in 1 is only teachable for IR type remotes, the RF is for the X10 commands.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

allen55

ThANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT.  I WAS ABLE TO FINALLY GET THE 5 IN ONE REMOTE TO WORK FOR ALL OF MY DEVICES.
USING THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

How to program the x10 learning remote control without using device codes

Hold down the “Setup Button” until the red led light stays on.
Click one of the functions you want to use: IE: TV, VCR, CBL or, X-10 until light begins to blink.
Start clicking the CHAN +(UP) button until the channel changes. Once the channel changes you have found the code for that device, Click the ENT Button to save the code for that device.

To test it clicks the Power Off button for that device to turn off. If it turn off then you are done and Repeat these same steps to program your other devices such as your cable/box.

I am very please that the remote is working great.  thank you all - I have even posted my finding with other customers who were having the same issue as I when I first receive the remote. These instructions works like a charm. 
allen55

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.