Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Newer Version On Server  (Read 296333 times)

gizak

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Newer Version On Server
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2007, 06:41:14 PM »

Hey guys - just reporting that this problem still exists.  Today is June 14th, 2007.  Seriously - somebody fix it.  I sent an email off to get the newer install or a link to download, just waiting for a reply.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »

For EVERYBODY!!!!

PMing MMallari or e-mailing him (Michael Mallari [michaelm@mail.x10.com] or nothing will be done. If he does not reply, keep doing it.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
ENUF ALREADY!
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2007, 06:56:23 PM »

For EVERYBODY!!!!

PMing MMallari or e-mailing him (Michael Mallari [michaelm@mail.x10.com] or nothing will be done. If he does not reply, keep doing it.

Dan,

Please lighten up on Michael.

Michael is the most decent, friendly, helpful, accommodating person you'd ever want to meet - I've had MANY conversations with him over the past year. Did you ever consider that Michael himself is being 'stone-walled'?

Instead of constantly encouraging EVERYBODY to E-Mail Michael, why not look up the E-Mail addresses of a few key X10 Management personnel "higher up in the food chain"?

How about:

• Dave Rye at dave rye@x10.com - "Dave Rye is Sr. Vice President and Technical Manager of X10 (USA) Inc." (E-Mail addresses are "best guess"; descriptions are per GOOGLE)

or

• Alex Peder at alex peder@x10.com - "President and Director: Alexander E. (Alex) Peder"  (E-Mail addresses are "best guess"; descriptions are per GOOGLE)

Feel free to utilize GOOGLE yourself and add more to this *SHORT* list. ;)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2007, 07:26:45 PM »

TTA,

This constant " Newer Version On Server" error problem has been going on for almost a year. It's totally unfair for new purchasers of OnAlert to have to jump through 500 hoops just to get the correct install file.

The only way to get anybody in authority at X10USA is to bug somebody.

Thank you for posting the e-mail addresses of Dave Rye and Alex Peder.  They are tip-top at X10USA, so they need to know about this constant error and fix it.

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 09:11:30 PM »

TTA,

This constant " Newer Version On Server" error problem has been going on for almost a year. It's totally unfair for new purchasers of OnAlert to have to jump through 500 hoops just to get the correct install file.

The only way to get anybody in authority at X10USA is to bug somebody.

Thank you for posting the e-mail addresses of Dave Rye and Alex Peder.  They are tip-top at X10USA, so they need to know about this constant error and fix it.

Folks,

I know there are frustrations sometimes with trying to get the software to work.  And I know that someone at X10 should see that these issues are resolved.  Unfortunately, trying to reach higher ups will not always work, as most of the time many of them are traveling and hardly back at the office due to hectic schedules. 

In the event you need resolutions, I am always willing to take a few moments to help.  Feel free to let me know, and I will direct these issues to the appropriate departments for fixing.  As I work closely with many of hte managers of the various departments, I will make sure these issues are followed through to the best of my abilities. 

Just know that I too am an extension of X10, and I am always willing to help.  Feel free to shoot your issues to me via email michaelm@x10.com and I will do what I can.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2007, 10:53:20 PM »

...The only way to get anybody in authority at X10USA is to bug somebody.

• CLICK HERE for: Members List| Search for users

• In the box "Search for:" enter: X10 Staff

• Place a CHECK in the box: Search by position

• CLICK on the button: Search

As of this moment, I just got back 31 HITS - Take your pick!

EACH & EVERY X10 Staff Member listed has the *SAME* responsibility (as Michael) to provide Customer Satisfaction.

So, regardless of how courteous he is, START SPREADING THE WEALTH! :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:57:11 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Michael M.

• Typologist
    • X10 Community
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2007, 05:58:23 AM »

For EVERYBODY!!!!

Dan, please understand, I don't go out of my way to ignore people.  I too am a consumer (not just of X10 but of many products) and I expect to be treated fairly.  In return, I do the same for others who need help.  I've never intentionally turned anyone away, especially our customers.  They purchase with a certain set of expectations, and I want those expectations to be fulfilled.  I may not get back right away, usually due to having to run 3 depts, but I do my best to take care of these issues.  Thanks for your understanding.

MM

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2007, 09:24:17 PM »

Thanks, Mike.

I've already been taken to task by TTA and it was deserved.  He did search or and post both Dave Rye's and Alex Peder's e-mail addresses.

I don't have OnAlert or any of the add-ons because I don't need them, but I do feel the Newer Version On Server error has been going on for far to long with no resolution.

alan505

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »

Does anyone get this to work right from the link or does everyone have this problem?

alan505

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2007, 06:58:20 PM »

I am very new to this and just got the "newer version on server" error for OnAlert. If there is a file out there that someone can email then please send it to me at ageiger2@nycap.rr.com.

Thanks.

Michael M.

• Typologist
    • X10 Community
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »

Earlier today I accidentally erased an email from a customer who had purchased the OnAlert plugIn, and was experiencing an issue.  If you had emailed me over the weekend and have not received a response from me yet, could you please re-send that request so I can assist?  Thanks.

Thanks,
Mike M.
michaelm@x10.com

xabaras

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2007, 11:41:42 AM »

I, too, have purchsed the 'whole enchilada' Active Home Suite and have not gotten the OnAlert Module to install.  Trying to call or email has not worked.  Would someone please send me the file via my email entropies@hotmail.com  I am well within the 30-day guarantee and I am about ready to send it all back (Although someone I doubt anyone would be available to give me an RMA)... the support here SUCKS!  X-10 also has problems with their gift vouchers.. hey lets get people to buy more stuff with phony vouchers that never work... and then never respond to any emails regarding that.

The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been modified.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:12:45 PM by KDR »

davin

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2007, 02:09:11 PM »

Unfortunately I also have this problem. I just ordered the entire ActiveHome Pro suite of software (every plugin, etc). I've already contacted Mike from the x10 community, but if anyone else can help send me a working version of the software, I'd appreciate it. I already have a registration code.

Thanks,

Davin

PS: I'm excited about finally getting into the x10/home automation area. Hopefully I can use and contribute to some of the knowledge in this community.

gogozy

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2007, 02:56:38 PM »

same here, link did not work... 
i call the x10 support and the tech ask for my email address say i shall get it in 20 minutes.

N4ST

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2007, 09:58:57 PM »

I just bought a 2nd ActiveHome Pro package, this time with all of the plug-ins and am having the same problem with On-Alert.  I have an email into customer support, but I guess it will be next week before I get a response.   :'(  Why can't they post it on the server?  Do they sell so few of these packages that they can deal with each customer one at a time?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.