Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED  (Read 14569 times)

Brentxoxo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
HELP NEEDED
« on: September 17, 2006, 05:36:24 AM »

Hello..new person here..with a couple of questions
1. I was told that I could use Home Pro for a web cam system using FTP (file transfer protocol) I have Comcast and they are telling me that they can't give me that info because their modems are automatic. Any one have any useful info on this and where to get it. I also have AOL so can I get it from there?
2. I have downloaded the Home Pro software and can't get the camera section to come on. It's there with the boxes but dead. How can I get that to work...

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 08:23:41 AM »

By "Home Pro", are you referring to X-10's ActiveHome Pro?  Or something else?

If what Comcast couldn't tell you was your IP address, a number of websites are set up to show you this, e.g., http://www.showipaddress.com/    You presumably have what's called a Dynamic IP address and this may change from time to time.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: HELP NEEDED
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »

Also, if you are on Comcast and have a home hetwork, Comcast can't see anything past the modem, as your router's firewall won't let them. When you install a home network, Comcast asks for the MAC address of the router. Your IP address in a home network is the address of your network card.

Does the poster want to set an FTP server or, what.  He refers to FTP, but what does he want to do?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brentxoxo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: HELP NEEDED---MORE INFO--
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 03:00:19 PM »

Does the poster want to set an FTP server or, what.  He refers to FTP, but what does he want to do?

Thanks for the 2 replies. Yes everything I refer to is from x10. The cams and the active home pro software. I want to use my cams for web cams. I was told I could do this is I set up the configuration (or whatever) by entering the address of the file transfer protocol. I did go to the address and found my IP address, I don't know the "path info". Another major problem is that after downloading the active home pro software, the box's for cams can't be checked. the same with the e-mail settings. I have down loaded the same program a few times and still not working. I have all of the other equipment to run the cams. I'm about ready o toss it all out.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 03:12:30 PM »

Thanks for the 2 replies. Yes everything I refer to is from x10. The cams and the active home pro software. I want to use my cams for web cams. I was told I could do this is I set up the configuration (or whatever) by entering the address of the file transfer protocol. I did go to the address and found my IP address, I don't know the "path info". Another major problem is that after downloading the active home pro software, the box's for cams can't be checked. the same with the e-mail settings. I have down loaded the same program a few times and still not working. I have all of the other equipment to run the cams. I'm about ready o toss it all out.

In AHP, if you click "Plug-ins" on the Menu bar, does it show all the plug-ins you purchased?  And did you register all of them?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »

In AHP, if you click "Plug-ins" on the Menu bar, does it show all the plug-ins you purchased?  And did you register all of them?

Did you purchase any plugins? X10 service reps tend to forget to state Exactly what you need
You'll need the Iwitness and MyHouse online (and posibly the SmartMacro) plugins in order for AHP to do this
If you didn't get any of the plugins you can still do this with other thirdparty software.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.