Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FloodCam Review [Updated: 2007/01/28]  (Read 87882 times)

dellzip

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: FloodCam Review [Updated: 2007/01/28]
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »

Same problem, just installed one. Useless at night, not much better in daylight. Low contrast, not clear. Pointless for me to install the second unit if this is as good as it gets. Thinking of sending the kit back.....
Has it been working any better for u?

Uncle Tom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »

Most X10 stuff is just plain flakey and unreliable, camera quality is a joke.  Basicly you get even less performace than what you pay for.  It's ok for remotely turning on a table lamp or to control the bedroom light, but certainly not for anything you expect reliable operation from.  I've spent more than $1500.00 on the various so-called bargain deals including cameras, and most of sit's in box's, unused.  Wish I had tried putting it to the test before spending so much.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 07:00:30 AM »

Most X10 stuff is just plain flakey and unreliable, camera quality is a joke.  Basicly you get even less performace than what you pay for.  It's ok for remotely turning on a table lamp or to control the bedroom light, but certainly not for anything you expect reliable operation from.  I've spent more than $1500.00 on the various so-called bargain deals including cameras, and most of sit's in box's, unused.  Wish I had tried putting it to the test before spending so much.

Uncle Tom you should read through some of the posts here at the forum. X10 does take a little setup effort. It isn't as plug-N-play as their ads imply.

I myself have had excellent results from my X10 stuff... cameras included. Actually I've tried other security cameras and have found nothing as durable and reliable as the little X10 cams.

If you have a problem with a setup... searching, reading, and posting should resolve it. Rarely does anyone who really makes an effort with their setup go away disappointed.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 07:12:30 AM »

Uncle Tom you should read through some of the posts here at the forum. X10 does take a little setup effort. It isn't as plug-N-play as their ads imply.

I myself have had excellent results from my X10 stuff... cameras included. Actually I've tried other security cameras and have found nothing as durable and reliable as the little X10 cams.

If you have a problem with a setup... searching, reading, and posting should resolve it. Rarely does anyone who really makes an effort with their setup go away disappointed.

Dave you are 100% correct !!

I'm sure some of you remember when I first got my X10 gear...  B:( I had one heck of a time getting things to work, and was ready to pack it all up and send it back!! Until I found the forum and started reading post and asking questions. Now look at me...........  :)% I'm up and running, making modifications to different things.  :' I refuse to "Flip" a light switch now.......  rofl

Uncle Tom,

If your so disappointed with your X10 stuff meet me on E-Bay,  >! I always have room for more toys
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 10:45:03 AM »

Hey Kramer, let me know if Uncle Tom sells you all his stuff to you!  Maybe we cam make a deal!  I'm always looking for a good buy on x10 stuff!    ;)   >!
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »

Hey Kramer, let me know if Uncle Tom sells you all his stuff to you!  Maybe we cam make a deal!  I'm always looking for a good buy on x10 stuff!    ;)   >!

>! Gladly !!!!!
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »

Same problem, just installed one. Useless at night, not much better in daylight. Low contrast, not clear. Pointless for me to install the second unit if this is as good as it gets. Thinking of sending the kit back.....

wow I love mine, works like a charm, I did however add a Eagle eye motion sensor for back up purposes, As for quality its great in day time, but at night it has less then 10 feet viewing, just fine with me as I can see my car.

i also did what other have said and used the 65 wat, incandescent lights.... :)% :)%  

Winkman

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »

Complete POS . I Have Two That are Now Turned Off . They seem to do what ever they Want . Video Is Bad . Range is Bad . Waste of LOTS of Time and Money. Appliance modual and an eagle is the Only way to go if you can deal with the Limited Veiw .

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »

Eagle? Are we supposed to know what you are talking about?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Winkman

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »

An MS14A  AKA Eagle eye Motion Sensor . Sorry i was trying to keep it short and Sweet.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »

An MS14A  AKA Eagle eye Motion Sensor . Sorry i was trying to keep it short and Sweet.
Ah! you mean Eagle Eye and Appliance Module to activate a non X10 camera(?) I was still thinking video when I read "Eagle" - sorry, I am old geezer...don't think fast anymore.  rofl

pianoman

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 07:35:25 AM »

B:(

I absolutely agree with engineer's posting. Everything about this Floodcam system I recently purchased is echoed in what he wrote. While the technology exists to implement this idea, X10 stopped way short of completing the task. I really wish I had known about this forum BEFORE I spent money on this sub-standard poor excuse for a design. In essence, the module system (RF and powerline) works fairly well, but they should just stay away from the video camera market entirely. I happen to have an X10 camera that is over 10 years old and it out-performs anything I have seen in recent times. You can only cut so many corners before you lose your customer base. It looks to me as though they (x10) are well on the way to doing exactly that. I know I'm done with X10.

B:(

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »

You can only cut so many corners before you lose your customer base. It looks to me as though they (x10) are well on the way to doing exactly that. I know I'm done with X10.
Yup, I have been preaching this since the CM15A first came out...but X10 ain't listening. I think their " Setup in 5 minutes" convoluted web site sucks in new customers as fast as customers are abandoning X10. So they continue to be able to ignore their quality issues.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »

Now that they are starting to go with their "Pro" Line. We will have to see what the new ones are like.
At least the 900MHz band will not be stepped on by wireless networks. Maybe older 900MHz cordless phones.

-:) OH another thought.
Depending on how selective the receiver is. Insteon RF is 915MHz. I believe we where told 921MHz for the cameras.  :'
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:32:15 AM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.