Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Appointers Clutch  (Read 5570 times)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Appointers Clutch
« on: September 20, 2006, 09:44:48 PM »

;D Bet most of you look at this post out of curiosity.  ;D
Appointers Clutch is a Anagram for Technical Support.  ;D ;D

Whew! You think X10 tech. support is bad ?
I sure hope that you never have to deal with D-Link.

I originally started trying to get some help from them yesterday.
Today at 1:05 PM I started calling, I finally gave up at 5:53 PM.
Even though I was on hold for up to a hour at times, I did get to speak to 3 different Tech Support people.
At one point when I suggested that their router was bad their tech support flatly said NO !
The last one told me they were busy and to call back in an hour.
I then e-mailed their Customer Service explaining the situation and asked them for help.
They e-mailed me back saying for me to (YOU GUESSED IT) call Tech. Support.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I had to laugh, otherwise I might have SCREAMED OBSCENITIES !

After this experience, I would like to promise never to complain about X10 ever again.  ::)
But I probably will. So I better not promise.
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So, the next time X10 ticks you off. Remember it could be worse.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:13:40 PM by Otis69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Appointers Clutch
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 06:59:36 AM »

Try talking to an AT&T Yahoo DSL Support rep. :'(
After an hour of broken English from a script that I didn't want to follow. I was transfered to a different Rep. That was worse at English than the first. Then he finally see on his computer that my whole area had a problem and that all the tests I did where not needed.!
later I called an American support person given to me by the original Rep and his computer is BROKEN and can't give me a repair time, ::)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 08:11:14 AM »

You want total frustration?  Try talking to Symantec's CS.  They outsourched it to India or Bangladesh, and 75% of the telephone staff don't speak standard English.  Their accents are so heavy you can't understand what they are saying.   Their e-mail support is worse. The replies are so garbled you can't read them. If you e-mail the problem you are having with the product in great detail, including all error messages, you get total gibberish back.  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:53:36 PM »

You want good products that last, buy Belkin. You may pay more, but it's worth it.  Example:  Remember LapLink? It used serial cables to communicate between computers.  LapLink sold serial cables at a proprietary price and claimed their software would accept other manufacturer's cables.  Belkin made a gold-tipped serial cable (for less money than LapLink's) that worked perfectly.

LapLink is still in business, but I bet almost nobody buys it any more.  Home networks and USB have pretty well reduced LapLink to a nitch business.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

bradleystownsend

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »

Okay Microsoft beta tests it's software by releasing it (selling it) to the public.  But x10 takes it a bit further!!!!!!!!!!  The only thing more buggy than the software is there tech support.  The people on the phone don't even have a way to run it themselves.  And level 2 support is just a ghost as far as I can tell.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.