Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless camera reception sucks.  (Read 7434 times)

Gymrat

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Wireless camera reception sucks.
« on: June 03, 2006, 01:20:27 PM »

I have been trying to get my wireles cameras to work now for quite some time. All I can tell you is that unless you get lucky, They are garbage! Don't buy them. I have tried every suggestion written under trouble shooting and still cannot get good reception on more than one camera at the same time. And even then it has to be within 10 feet of the reciever. Everything interferes with them. If you have 2.4Ghz phones, a wireless router, the receiver too close to your computer or even have noise on the power lines just forget it. The list goes on and on. If you have one camera within 6 or 10 feet of the receiver and they both remain motionless it may work. Oh yeah, I read something just yesterday that stated if your house has the kind of insulation with foil on it, it may interfere also. It's a joke.Gimme a break. Who has the time to go through all of this nonsense. They don't tell you this before you buy them however. You can't get some one to send you an example of good picture quality is because it's like Bigfoot, even though you want to believe, it just doesn't exist.  ;D

tampacurt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Wireless camera reception sucks.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 01:06:49 PM »

I am having the same issue as yourself.  I can't believe that they don't ask you or at least put a warning on their website BEFORE you purchase these cameras.  I got off the phone with customer/tech support and they are no help at all.  Not impressed and surprised they are still in business because I am sure there are many of us out there.

Gymrat

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 08:34:16 PM »

Hey tampacurt, Member nfm1 thinks that we should'nt bitch about camera performance because of the cheap pricetag and if we want cameras that work we should buy the $500.00 ones that are professionally installed. Can you believe the cans on this guy?

Drews

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »

I have been trying to get my wireles cameras to work now for quite some time. All I can tell you is that unless you get lucky, They are garbage! Don't buy them. I have tried every suggestion written under trouble shooting and still cannot get good reception on more than one camera at the same time. And even then it has to be within 10 feet of the reciever. Everything interferes with them. If you have 2.4Ghz phones, a wireless router, the receiver too close to your computer or even have noise on the power lines just forget it. The list goes on and on. If you have one camera within 6 or 10 feet of the receiver and they both remain motionless it may work. Oh yeah, I read something just yesterday that stated if your house has the kind of insulation with foil on it, it may interfere also. It's a joke.Gimme a break. Who has the time to go through all of this nonsense. They don't tell you this before you buy them however. You can't get some one to send you an example of good picture quality is because it's like Bigfoot, even though you want to believe, it just doesn't exist.  ;D

You must have something else going on, I have a wireless router in my computer room, and a remote phone, AND foil line insulation in my garage 50 feet away and the image from the camera in the garage is crystal clear.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.