Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BestWayToDoMultipeConditions  (Read 5212 times)

rrskayak

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
BestWayToDoMultipeConditions
« on: September 28, 2006, 04:34:29 PM »

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum.  I am slowly integrating my x10 alarm system into activepro.  One of the things I wanted to do was be notified if my son was moving around in the basement on week nights after 10:20.  So I set up the 2 conditionals allowed, but quickly figured out that I needed a third.  I had to have a way for the system to ignore the motion sensor trigger after it was triggered once.  So I needed to set (and check a flag) but the smart macro interface only permits 2 "and" conditionals.  At least I think that is all it allows.  So I created a macro chain.  The first macro which is kicked off by the motion sensor and checks the time and day conditionals then sends out an "E9 on".  This triggers macro 2, which checks Flag 2.  If flag 2 is not on, it sets flag 2 to on and it goes ahead and emails my cell phone and plays a voice msg over my computer.  It works, but is this the "best practice"?  Am I wasting resources?

For whats it worth, I just got Active home pro think it is really cool.  Everytime the front door opens, there goes my voice saying "The front door is open" :-)  I am sure that will get old, but at the moment it is fun.  The emails to my cell phone are totally cool as I now have an undercover way of keeping tabs on what is going on in my house no matter where I am.!  woohoo

Rich

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: BestWayToDoMultipeConditions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:39:30 PM »

Your post screams "Use Elses!" ;)
Yes you are wasting resources! ;)
These can get very complicated and under standing the logic is esential!
In your case your sensor should trigger a macro which checks to see if flag 2 is set if it is it does nothing, Click "add else", this creates  a Second macro same trigger. Have it check time and date if condition is met set flag 2 send the e-mail and play the voice file. You'll need another macro to reset your flags daily unless in the macro that  checks to see if  flag 2 is on, you have it clear it after a length of time but you are limited to the length of 4.5 hours ;) You have to have the flag check as the first else other wise it will all ways send the e-mail!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:42:24 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.