Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP & iWitness creating a Macro to control Nija & Nightwatch 2  (Read 29753 times)

dgfraser

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP & iWitness creating a Macro to control Nija & Nightwatch 2
« on: October 02, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »

I would like to create a macro in AHP with iWitness to turn on with an Active eye sensor & move the Nija mounted Night watch cam to preset position 2 & take a still snapshot, then turn off after 2 minutes.
My problem is I cannot find the "Camera Controls" under the list of Video Functions in the Macro Designer The Video Functions are not the same as are listed in the Help either.
Is ther an updated version of iWitness?  or am I missing something?
Please help.
Thank you
Don Fraser

bronco

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: AHP & iWitness creating a Macro to control Nija & Nightwatch 2
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:28:32 PM »

To get those commands the camera needs to be defined as a ninja.  Then under video

controls you will find the commands to do a preset.
unfortunately, there are no macro commands to just move the camera as one would do

manually.  You can send those commands while at the computer.
My problem was that my computer & AHP was toooooo!!! far away from the ninja base.
Remember that the ninja commands are sent out of the AHP as RF and not down the

A/C wire so you will need to be close to the ninja (~30-30 feet).   Also, all ninja bases will

react to the commands unless you cut the power to the one you don't want to move. 

There are no House & Unit codes for the ninja base.
I have a camera that is about 300 feet from the computer and solved the problem by

getting another cm-15 and programming macros on it to move the ninja base and then

setting it outside (in a plastic container) near the ninja.
There is a lettle time delay but it seems to work ok.
I also (as someone suggested a long time ago, not sure who) used a cd case cover to go

over the ninja to give it some more protection from the weather.  I tried it last year without

the extra cover and the ninja only lasted about 6 months.
I also put some flexible plastic sheeting around the bottom of the cd-case.  I also

camouflaged it with bark since it is mounted on a tree.
see two attached pictures

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 01:28:51 PM »

bronco: Actualy there is a way to tell the nija to go to a preset! ;)

dgfraser : true your cam must be definded as a pan&tilt(ninja)
the option to go to a preset is in "video functions"!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bronco

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 12:24:38 PM »

Tuicemen, I think you repeated what I said but better with a picture.
However, it won't work with my set up because the computer is too far away from the Ninja and the Ninja only receives RF and NO cmds through the a/c wires.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 12:58:55 PM »

Also, all ninja bases will
react to the commands unless you cut the power to the one you don't want to move. 
There are no House & Unit codes for the ninja base

All of the Ninja's I have ever used, and I have several, have come with addressable power supplies. This is where the unit and house codes are set, not on the Ninja base. ;)
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 06:03:29 PM »

Tuicemen, I think you repeated what I said but better with a picture.
However, it won't work with my set up because the computer is too far away from the Ninja and the Ninja only receives RF and NO cmds through the a/c wires.
You are correct I miss read that part of your post Sorry!
I love the set up you have!   X10 does sell a RF extender to extend RF another 100 feet ;) :D ;D
I don't use it but maybe someone who has can post their results! ;) :)
JimC: Have you tried pluging the ninja wall wart into a appliance module to cut the power? Requires two extra steps in a macro but it should work(turn it on first step then off when finished )! ;) :D :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 07:56:22 PM »

JimC: Have you tried pluging the ninja wall wart into a appliance module to cut the power? Requires two extra steps in a macro but it should work(turn it on first step then off when finished )!

No why would I? As I stated in my previous post all of my Ninja's came with addressable power supplies.   ???
My remark was in response to a quote of bronco

I have used an appliance module with one of my wired cameras and yes it does take a couple extra steps in the macro. ;)
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 08:18:11 PM »

JimC: Have you tried pluging the ninja wall wart into a appliance module to cut the power? Requires two extra steps in a macro but it should work(turn it on first step then off when finished )!

No why would I? As I stated in my previous post all of my Ninja's came with addressable power supplies.   ???
My remark was in response to a quote of bronco

Guess I miss understood your post! I Thought you were stating that although your modules had the controls on the wall wart you could as bronco state controll all pan & tilts at the same time!  :-[ ::) :-[
Mine works the way yours do I can't control the pan & tilt if another cam is selected!
I didn't mean to put words in your mouth ;) :D ;D
[/color][/b]
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bronco

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 09:19:53 PM »

My ninjas have an adjustable pwr suply also.

Also, the AHP seems to turn off other cameras when you select one.   For instance, my ninja on K16  turns off K14.
I think they are doing this to be able to scan cameras.  I don't care ofr this setup.

Most of the time when I view the cameras i am not at the computer.  Sometimes I have it record.  I send my camera through modulators that give me my own TV channels so I can see them from any TV in the house.

David Mark

• Helpful Post Rating: -3
    • Ohio Media Group
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 08:22:58 PM »

Pan and tilt commands are RF only and house code only.  This is clear from looking at the camera remote (one code wheel for house code.)  The RF command sent is received by all Ninja bases that are powered on (typically one per group of four) and all will respond at once.  The unit code wheel on the wall wart is the address used to turn the unit (and attached camera) on and off.  Turning one wirless camera on will turn the other three in its group of four off (which only makes sense as two on at once is a problem not just for the Ninja bases!)

And yes, you can create hardware macros to pan and tilt the bases to each of the four presets.  I was able to recreate that animated demo on the X10 site in my garage and it is cool.  What sucks is that they charge so much for this plugin.  I don't use their unsigned video capture driver, so I could have done without 99% of it.  If it didn't create a hardware macro for this it would be completely worthless (I can send anything from Misterhouse if I want to rely on a PC to run macros.)  I notice it isn't particularly smart about updating the GUI either.  The "Go Live!" button seems to be clueless about camera groups.  Go figure.

Speaking of camera groups.  There is one other fairly good trick this thing does in that it allows a 16 camera scan (as opposed to four with a camera remote.)  Unfortunately (there always is one with X10 software), they have to all be on the same house code (not to mention the same RF frequency.)  Why on earth should they have to be on the same house code?  Why don't they let you enter the RF dip switch setting when creating the camera?  I recently added that to Misterhouse's wireless camera package.  It seems like such a no-brainer (eg if a camera is turned on, turn off all other cameras on that frequency, regardless of house code.)  Then you could scan 256 cameras.  I should add a voice command for that...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.