Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Will two receivers cause interference with one another?  (Read 3849 times)

dhighlender

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Will two receivers cause interference with one another?
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »

I want to add another receiver so I can look at my cameras on the TV as well as the PC.

Will adding another receiver cause any interference with one another or will both receivers be able to recieve a signal?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Will two receivers cause interference with one another?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 04:56:58 PM »

Two receivers should be fine. There is one thing that can effect that. If the receivers are not in the same basic direction of the cameras antenna. The one not in line with the cameras antenna may not receive the signals. Distance to second receiver or obstructions could also factor into this. But two receivers should not interfere with each other.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 11:23:47 PM »

I am using multiple receivers and they are working pretty well. I am also splitting the video signal that goes to the PC and feed it to the TV which is sitting a few feet away. This is not feasible if your TV is in another room.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 07:10:25 PM »

I use receivers all over the house... no problem. I have even used two, setting side by side on different code and different signals and that worked fine also.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.