Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting up Activehome Pro - A few questions  (Read 6610 times)

JRMCLENDON

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Setting up Activehome Pro - A few questions
« on: October 12, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »

Hi, I am new to the softeware and have a few simple questions for the veterans here:

1.  When I set up the "rooms" in the program some of my door/window sensors did not receive the signal. Is there anything I need to try or do I need to get a signal booster for the system? Problem is my Protector Plus Voice Dialer base unit picks up the signal fine and will trip when activated by the sensors, but the Activehome Pro program won't recognize them.

2.  I set up the "rooms" in the program and added the Protector Plus Voice Dialer to the "bedroom". Is there and "install" proceedure for the base unit like the sensors?  I changed the code in the system to match the code on the unit but I can't turn it on and off with the program.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks alot!

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Setting up Activehome Pro - A few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:08:56 PM »

The RF sent out by the security sensors have to be received by both the protector plus and by your CM15A unit. Sounds like the signal is not getting to the CM15A controller. The CM15A controller has issues with poor receiving. You can search the boards here to find many posts about improving RF reception on the CM15A.

Another thing to look at is the location of the CM15A controller. Its been reported the moving the controller away from the computer, placing its short antenna to a horizontal position improves reception.

Part 2 of your question will need to be addressed by someone that has a listed security module. Mine is a RS 49-1000 and I'm not sure it is equal to any of the listed units under Modules in AHP. I do know that it to has to receive the RF to register the security sensor along with my CM15A receiving the same signal to register it with AHP.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:58:17 PM »

Hi, I am new to the softeware and have a few simple questions for the veterans here:

1.  When I set up the "rooms" in the program some of my door/window sensors did not receive the signal. Is there anything I need to try or do I need to get a signal booster for the system? Problem is my Protector Plus Voice Dialer base unit picks up the signal fine and will trip when activated by the sensors, but the Activehome Pro program won't recognize them.

2.  I set up the "rooms" in the program and added the Protector Plus Voice Dialer to the "bedroom". Is there and "install" proceedure for the base unit like the sensors?  I changed the code in the system to match the code on the unit but I can't turn it on and off with the program.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks alot!

Quick question:  Do you have the OnAlert plugin for ActiveHome Pro or just the basic software?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 08:04:23 PM »

CS... I was assuming he did have OnAlert since he said he setup a room and added the protector plus to it. Do you know does the security modules get listed in the AHP module section if you don't have OnAlert?
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »

CS... I was assuming he did have OnAlert since he said he setup a room and added the protector plus to it. Do you know does the security modules get listed in the AHP module section if you don't have OnAlert?

Good point, KDR.  I can't tell because I already have OnAlert installed.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 08:32:05 PM »

FYI

I don't have OnAlert (yet), but the security consoles are there in the basic AHP (under security when you select Type of Module).
They don't do anything but appear in your room, and NONE of the sensors are available for selection.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.