Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bad Reviews Don't seem to be addressed by X10!  (Read 16497 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Bad Reviews Don't seem to be addressed by X10!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »

My guess is that Active Home Professional (AHP) by itself with NO plug-ins is pretty well trouble free.  Add any of the plug-ins and the various problems start.  I have a basic AHP/X10 system and the only problems I've run into is bridging phases (solved with a 99 cent capacitor) and the occasional burn out of modules due to unintentional overloads on them.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

swat253

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »

the only problems I've run into is bridging phases (solved with a 99 cent capacitor)

Could you elaborate on the problem and go into the fix a little? Where was the capacitor needed? Thanks!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 12:06:03 AM »

the capacitor is used to build a passive phase coupler. it bridges the two 120v lines coming into the house.  sometimes the signal doesn't get from one side to the other and that's what the 99 cent cap fixes.
this isn't really a fix for some one without wiring experience, so many consumers just buy a phase coupler.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 09:46:36 AM »

the only problems I've run into is bridging phases (solved with a 99 cent capacitor)

Could you elaborate on the problem and go into the fix a little? Where was the capacitor needed? Thanks!

If you have an electric stove, a 0.1 uF 250 VAC Capacitor, placed in the 220 volt plug the stove is plugged into, will bridge the phases and the stove doesn't know it's there.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Autoguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »

My experience with X10 has not been good.  I began looking into night vision cameras several months ago and found wired and wireless equipment at Micro Center.  Good equipment, and the prices are competitive.  Their website is www.microcenter.com 
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.