Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP FLAGS  (Read 14728 times)

JERRY VARN

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP FLAGS
« on: October 30, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »

WHATS WITH THE FLAGS PROBLEM ???  I CAN RESET ALL FLAGS AND 30 MINUTES LATER FLAGS 1 & 15
ARE SET . ALSO IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A ACTIVE ON SCREEN FLAG STATUS BOX THAT
HAD UP TO DATE STATUS OF ALL 16 FLAGS.,( THAT WORKED )..
IN THE CONDITIONS AREA YOU ONLY HAVE 3 BUT 2 ARE USED UP IN THE SAME BOX WHEN USING
START-STOP TIMES OR DUSK - DAWN  ALSO HERE'S THE BIG ONE (DAYTIME OR NIGHTTIME )
REQUIRES TWO TIMES SO THATS TWO OF YOUR CONDITIONS. I STARTED RUNNING A MACRO TO
CLEAR ALL FLAGS AND A MACRO TO SET FLAG # 11 AT DAWN AND CLEAR AT DUSK , THAT FLAG IS
NOW MY ONE CONDITION TO TELL ME ITS DAYTIME . BUT I REALLY DON'T TRUST THE FLAGS.
ANY FEED BACK ON THIS SUBJECT WOULD BE HELPFUL , THANKS  JERRY

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: AHP FLAGS
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 09:07:26 PM »

I agree an active status line would be nice.
Seems as if I remember flags 15 and 16 are also used internally by AHP. Something to do with dusk and dawn. Flag 1 maybe used somewhere also.
Perhaps someone will remember where it was discussed and post a link.

Also if you use lower case instead of all caps it is easier to read. This is a common courtesy that most forum boards use. Thanks.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 09:14:14 PM »

I found this when I did a search for "flag 16".

Check this link!
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:43:53 AM »

steven r,

Thanks for the link.

It would sure be nice if X10 would chime in and give us a definitive answer on flags. I seem to recall numerous posts discussing flags and the information is not always consistent. In some of the posts it was stated that flags 15 and 16 should not be used in others 1, 15, 16 should not be used and in one I recall that only flag 1 was a problem. I personally avoid flags 1, 15 and 16 but it would be nice to know if this is truly necessary. You would think that if certain flags should be avoided they would be grayed out in AHP.

How about it X10....What flags should we stay away from, if any?.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 08:05:16 AM »

When I have no flags of my own active in AHP, I have noticed that flags 1, 15 & 16 have a life of their own therefore I don't use them in my macros.  I used flag 1 in one of my first macros and changed it to another number when I observed random activation.  It was in the process of researching that problem that I noticed 15 & 16.  All this was confirmed by postings on this forum.  It's too bad that this isn't included iin X10's CM15A documentation.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:31:10 AM by Oldtimer »
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:12:44 AM »

I just looked at AHP's Macro help and there's no mention of flags in AHP with no add-ons.  Where do the flags exist? I can't find anything about flags.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 08:37:40 AM »

I just looked at AHP's Macro help and there's no mention of flags in AHP with no add-ons.  Where do the flags exist? I can't find anything about flags.

From looking at the CM15A's micro-controller data sheet, I believe the internal firmware creates and uses a 16-Bit variable within itself.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 12:10:55 PM »

Dan flags are part of the smartmacro plug-in thats why you can't find them! ;) :D
I was one of the first to report this BUG with the SmartMacro, If you can stay away from flags 1,15,16 do so! ;) :D
Seems this flag bug gets fixed in one update then it reapears in the next ::) ;) :D
The last time I checked this on different OSs Flag 1 was ok on XP but not 98 or ME I haven't dug into this lately so I have no idea if version 3.206 deals with this!
Checking right now they're all cleared as they should be on XP Pro!
I'll check tonight! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »

Then this thread should be moved to the Smart Macro section, not left here, as the topic concerns flags.

My humble opinion.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 12:53:15 PM »

True consider it done!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.