Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [INTERESTING] Application exception occurred:  (Read 27928 times)

vhoang

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
    • Automation Tips & Mini DLLs
Re: [INTERESTING] Application exception occurred:
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 08:07:23 AM »

Why? ???

What's up with all the I must know how it works attitude?   It's a microsoft solution, just like
putting your computer on a weekly reboot cycle to free memory leaks.   Upgrades and reboots,
it's how most microsoft problems get fixed.. ::)

In all seriousness, I am suspecting a plug-in <-> ahp,  using .NET is causing your bug-a-boo.

--
When a Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 application calls a function that contains more than eight hierarchical nested objects, the common language runtime (CLR) may fail, and you may receive an "Access Violation C0000005" error message during garbage collection. This behavior indicates that the managed heap is corrupted. Typically, this problem occurs when the PInvoke method is used incorrectly. Additionally, this problem occurs in a heavy load environment.
 Back to the top

CAUSE
This problem occurs because a value in the register is changed but cannot be restored when the .NET Framework 1.1 application calls a function that contains very complex hierarchical nested objects. The corruption is caused by an error in the just-in-time (JIT) complier. The code that the JIT compiler generates does not safeguard the register when the register is not changed.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »

And since you're in the same TIMEZONE as me, EDT, *DOUBLE HEH* for being up at this ungodly hour!  ;D[/size]
Your assumption that you're communicating with a live human (as opposed to a machine - or something else) may not be correct.  :)
After our previous (weeks/months ago) 90+ minute telephone conversation (on *MY* tab), I'm relatively confident that I'm conversing with another *HUMAN* ;D

Only during daylight hours.  After the sun goes down you can't be sure.   ;)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 08:02:31 PM »

Why? ???

What's up with all the I must know how it works attitude?   It's a microsoft solution, just like
putting your computer on a weekly reboot cycle to free memory leaks.   Upgrades and reboots,
it's how most microsoft problems get fixed.. ::)

Weekly reboot?  You've got to be kidding!  I learned back with W3.1 that you should turn your computer off at least every night and reboot it the next moring.  If you're doing heavy work with your apps then maybe twice a day to be sure.  Windows accumulates garbage at an incredible rate and only a reboot will keep it humming.

To cite a human analogy, Edison was known to work long hours but he took many brief catnaps in the process.  In my opinion he was just giving his mind a chance to sort out and file away all the stuff he learned while he was awake.  I've worked as an independant consultant for years and therefore in more than usual control over my own time.  I learned long ago that a 10 minute catnap in the middle of an intense project was worth a good nights sleep in my productivity.

I don't think computers are anywhere near as complex as the human mind and therefore need their cleansing shut down and reboot even more than we do.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 09:27:54 PM by Oldtimer »
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.