Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Software doesn't seem to load properly  (Read 22734 times)

cddyal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Software doesn't seem to load properly
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:04:16 AM »

I need some help, please, getting through some software issues. Here is where I am:

--I received two b/w cameras and two Ninja mounts. They all work fine electrically. I am in the process now of trying to set up only one of the cameras so as not to confuse things
--I downloaded X10 Drivers and XRV software from X10, installed both, got no video
--X10 emailed me a link to the Pan/Tilt software, I downloaded that, BAM!, instant video
--I installed my camera outside, rerouted a bunch of computer cables which resulted in my X10 USB's being connected to two different ports than they were previously--I have tried reconnecting them back on the "original" ports with no luck
--No video, even though Device Manager shows the drivers are loaded

Question:  Do I need to install the X10 Drivers and XRV and Pan/Tilt, or just Pan/Tilt?

Question:  Can I uninstall all X10 software I have on my computer and basically start fresh?

I am ready to start enjoying this system rather than go home every night and dread having to work on it...Please, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: Software doesn't seem to load properly
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 07:52:35 AM »

Check out this link you may find the post by  Tuicemen helpful.

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=8083.msg49642#msg49642
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:00:53 AM by JimC »
_ _ ...  ..._ _

cddyal

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »

Thanks for your quick response, I'm glad someone was watching that board!

I finally figured out I had a problem with a USB 7-port Hub I recently purchased. Everything seemed to work fine on the hub one minute, then the camera stopped. However, when I hooked it directly to USB on my PC, bingo.

This stuff is really a whole lot easier than it seems at times...

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:40:24 AM »

Glad to hear you got it working. I think you will find X10 stuff fun most of the time but when it is not working it can be exasperating. When you have a problem, that you need help with, the first thing I would recommend is that you get on these forums and use the search function. You will find a lot of usefull information.

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

cddyal

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »

Thanks again, and I totally agree.

In fact, I should make note for future readers of this thread:

The problem I was experiencing was in no way the fault of X10 products or software. Strictly a matter of my computer correctly guessing which USB port I was going to try next...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.