Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [AHP Add-On] X10WavPlayer (Add Sound)  (Read 251309 times)

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: [AHP Add-On] X10WavPlayer (Add Sound)
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2008, 11:46:26 PM »

Tuiceman, really appreciate all of your work on this.  The program works  great, except for the file generator.  I see you have a new revision up.  I'll try to download it when I get back to work with a highspeed connection.

I just have one more question at the moment, and it is not meant to be derrogitory  or to imply any negativity.  In fact, it's probably AHP that is the culprit.

Whenever I have to shutdown AHP, because of the dreaded "Encountered Problem" message; which I have been able to keep to a minimum here lately, upon reopening I have to reinstall the file into the macro thru use of the browse button.  No big pain, just takes a second.  But, I was wondering if anyone else has run across this phenomenon?

I just had to reOpen AHP because my menu bar was missing and the Modules(to select from for adding to a room) would not open.  Strange stuff, this AHP.  had been running for 4 days without interruption; a record so far.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2008, 08:43:59 PM »

The issue is AHP related the way I get around it is to create a script file which starts AHP and points to a file!
there is a link to such a script file creator in the smartmacros section I even posted a walk through on how to create a file since many use the windows command option in AHP!
check the tips and helpful suggestions thread in the smartmacros section! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2009, 09:39:26 AM »

I Just posted a new update for X10WavPlayer!
It is now Windows 7 compatible.
Also Fixed a issue with the Batch file creator.
(Adding full path was creating issues for a few users)
the file can be found on the X10WavPlayer site.
Since AHP has yet to fix the windows command bug many of you will have to use the workaround I posted here: Problem with Batch files executing?  (Read 4454 times)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »

I was A little apprehensive about posting in this thread as I no longer support this Software.
 PcCompanion has replaced this adding add more options to expand a AHP setup!
However I'm constantly reminded that many still use this even those running PcCompanion.
X10WavPlayer can make use of the AHP version 3.304 commandline paramiter option.
OK It always could using batchfiles which many shyed away from!
those did used it complained of the CMD window which popped up.
Well now that doesn't happen using the paramiter option in AHP.
Playing sound files is a simple matter of adding the sound file and the repeat value to the paramiter box.
Playing TTS is a little more work. You can't use spaces between the words as X10WavPlayer sees that as the next paramiter.  However if you place a forward slash instead of a space between the words followed by the repeat value it should work like it does in PcCompanion.
Update: I noticed with XP a forward slash is seen and make the TTS hard to understand as the PC says slash for each forward slash.
PCC has been coded to remedy that!
 >!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:50:30 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »

I'm constantly surprised by how many users still use this simple app.
And the number of hits(reads) this thread gets in a day
So much so that if there is the demand I may start to support it again. ::) :'
Don't expect it to become anything more then a sound playing app as PCC will get thouse adds.
What I would like to know is:
What issues if any need to be addressed?
How can it be improved?
Are you using this primarily as a wav/mp3 sound player or TTS sound player?
Are you using the repeat function?

It is possible this could be turned into a single instance program as I've done with PCC.
This would allow sounds to be passed to it while open and  sounds would play one after the other as they are received. ::) :'
This may improve the issue of missed sounds. ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ricquelle

X10WavPlayer
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »

Great little piece of software - Thanks for creating it.  Could someone please help me to get it to work?  Everytime I try to create a batch file in X10WavPlayer, it tells me an unhandled exception has occurred and that access to the path was denied.

Update:  Actually, I solved the problem by "Running as Administrator".

Yet another question:  X10WavPlayer Macro is working when I hit the run macro button.  It is not working when the door is opened...I have the Macro set as follows:
Trigger = Front Door  Sensor Triggered

The macros is execute windows program with "C:\Program Files (x86)\X10WavPlayer\BatchFiles\Security Warning(5).bat" typed in Command and nothing in Argument, am I missing something?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:29:06 PM by ricquelle »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: X10WavPlayer
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2011, 08:09:16 PM »

Most users have moved up to PCCompanion as it has more options and I no longer support this.
I beleive there was a issue with the batchfile creator and XP.
You may have to edit the batch file manualy!
Is the sound file a tts or wav file?

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ricquelle

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »

I believe it was a .wav.  It was one that was included with the software.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2011, 10:59:56 PM »

I use this in my Command and it works fine:  "C:\Documents and Settings\Justin McNeill III\My Documents\X10WavPlayerV1.5\Sounds\ufo(1).bat"
I also have a 1 second delay prior to the command.

My macro is triggered by a time on a "pseudo switch", but I don't know why yours on a security trigger doesn't work.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2011, 08:07:15 AM »

ricquelle, x10wavplayer was created before x10 had the windows command option working correctly.
it is possible to use it without the use of a bat file.
In your AHP macro place the path to X10Wavplayer in the command line
C:\Program Files (x86)\X10WavPlayer.exe
in the Arguments line place the file sound file name followed by the number of times you wish it repeated
SercurityAlert.wav 5
 See if that will work for you!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ricquelle

« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »

ricquelle, x10wavplayer was created before x10 had the windows command option working correctly.
it is possible to use it without the use of a bat file.
In your AHP macro place the path to X10Wavplayer in the command line
C:\Program Files (x86)\X10WavPlayer.exe
in the Arguments line place the file sound file name followed by the number of times you wish it repeated
SercurityAlert.wav 5
 See if that will work for you!

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it but still no luck.  It works fine when I hit the macro button.  When I trigger a door sensor the macro button flashes like it is going to work; and something briefly flashes like it is trying to open the player, but it never opens.  I have tried it with putting a delay before the windows command and I have also tried it with the keychain fob and they all work when I hit the macro button but not when the trigger event occurs.

This wouldn't have anything to do with monitored and tranceived house codes would it.  I have my monitored house code as B (this includes all my cameras, motion sensors and lamps)  My Securilink Security Console is set to House Code C as the X10 tech told me to set it to a different House Code than my other equipment and I believe someone on this board told me the same.  My transceived House Codes is set to Auto.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2011, 01:15:36 PM »

That shouldn't have anything to do with it but selecting auto sometimes doesn't pick up all your house codes.
Choose specific then specify all your house codes in use even the security console.
Also as a test create another macro that turns on a light you can monitor.
trigger it with the same security device your trying to get X10WavPlayer to trigger with.
if the light turns on then add the X10wavplayer sound trigger to that macro  and test it there.
Sometimes a macro can get corrupt.
Also empty the AHP recycle bin and reload to the CM15A sometime AHP has triggered old macros in the recycle bin instead of the correct one.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »

I have version 1.5.0 and the wav and bat files are located in the program, for what it's worth.  I also have version 2.0.0.1

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »

I have version 1.5.0 and the wav and bat files are located in the program, for what it's worth.  I also have version 2.0.0.1

JMac
Since you still use this little app your probably more qualified then me to be helping! ;)
I know there are a good many users still running this app as well as PC Companion.
However the sound play is basicaly the same I thought  :-[
I must admit I've never ran it on Win7 64 bit and older versions weren't compatible with a 64bit OS
However since it works manualy pressing the macro button the issue is in AHP or at least thats my thinking! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ricquelle

« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »

O.K. I created a macro to turn a lamp on with a triggered event (keychain fob) for this test.  I did not add the X10WavPlayer to this macro yet.  However, the strange thing was not only did the macro to turn the lamp on work, but the originally created macro for the X10WavPlayer worked on the triggered event also.  If I go back and delete the lamp macro, once again the originally created WavPlayer macro does not work again.

Have never created a phantom module, but have read here about them.  Looks like this might be a good place to use one since I really don't want to have to turn on a light to play the .wav.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:51:38 PM by ricquelle »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.