Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't turn lights on/off with AHP, only transceiver turns on/off. plz help  (Read 2965 times)

Raistlin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I just installed AHP, got the transceiver module to work from clicking within AHP pro but I cannot get any of my lights to work.  I tried turning them on first but AHP still can't control them.  I saw the lamp modules in AHP turn on when I clicked on my remote, but they wont turn off from within AHP.

Any ideas?  I only have one house code (A) and I don't think it is a distance problem.

TIA

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171

Do a search on Signal Noise & Phase Coupling.

There are a lot of topics with various suggestions to try.  ;)

Talk a look, try some things and if your still having problems or can't find an answer then let us know.  :)

Raistlin

So my transeiver and my heavy duty appliance module works within AHP, but my lights will not turn on or off from AHP.  Could I really be having problems with what was posted above if those two modules are working but my lights aren't?

This is really driving me crazy, my X10 setup has been working for a while now and I just got AHP and I am regretting it.  Why would my transceiver w/appliance control and my heavy duty appliance module work from within AHP but none of my lights will?  That includes all of my lamp modules, decorator dimmer switch and socket rockets.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171

Your working modules are probably on a different electrical circuit from your non-working ones.
There could be a noise source and/or signal sucker on the line with the non-working modules.
The circuit your CM15A is on could have something on it that's degrading the signal, and the path to the working modules is shorter and the signal is still strong enough at that point. HINT: PC's are really bad for X10 signals.

Try moving you CM15A around to other outlets to see if the problem goes away. LITERALLY unplug things to see if it improves.

NOTE: If your tranceiver (that works) is a TM751, it works from an RF signal transmitted from the CM15A. So it will not be affected by power line noise.

Raistlin

Well don't I feel like an idiot, I moved AHP unit to another outlet in my office and it works fine now.  I guess I was just hung up on the fact that my heavy duty appliance module was working.  Then I remembered it has its own dedicated line, so that is probably why it worked.

Thanks for your help Puck

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

If it was in the same outlet as the computer or a surge strip. That can be a problem. Computer power supplies can generate noise or both a surge strip or the computers power supply can absorb X10 signals.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.