Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome  (Read 3594 times)

Rosa

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHome
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:48:12 PM »

I wonder if these kits are worth it. To start with, I just would like to see outside, around my ground floor level at night (from my main floor). Flashing lights on and off to impress friends is not one of my identified needs. And I am curious about the kits.

I would like to start with minimum and expand from thrre. What is the best kit? This is a 2 floor house.

http://
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 01:45:36 PM by Rosa »

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: ActiveHome
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »

I wonder if these kits are worth it. To start with, I just would like to see outside, around my ground floor level at night (from my main floor). Flashing lights on and off to impress friends is not one of my identified needs. And I am curious about the kits.

I would like to start with minimum and expand from there. What is the best kit? This is a 2 floor house.

Are you thinking of cameras or just lighting or both?  It's not clear what kits you're referring to.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Rosa

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:44:51 PM »

I was thinking of the ActiveHome Pro kits.  I thought that there are may be a kit with camera. I've seen a couple of them at Canadiantire, but I would prefer to have one attached to a home system.

:-\

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »

I was thinking of the ActiveHome Pro kits.  I thought that there are may be a kit with camera. I've seen a couple of them at Canadiantire, but I would prefer to have one attached to a home system.

Except for their pricey Sentinel model, the standard X10 cameras require relatively bright illumination.  Unless you add a _lot_ of exterior floodlights I doubt you'll be able to see much of anything at night even with the "low light" models.   I don't know how well the flood-cams work in practise, but they'd involve flashing on the attached floods when motion is detected.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Rosa

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 07:34:35 PM »

Thanks, it is good to know ahead. I have just those lights that switch themselves on (1 at the front and 2 at the back) when someone passes by. The front one was very inconvenient, always switching itself on each time my neighbors across the read took their car in or out of their carport they flooded the area.

CK

:)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.