Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using Boom2000 through USB.  (Read 11494 times)

Down2TheC

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using Boom2000 through USB.
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »

Anyone getting this to work with the MP3Anywhere remote?  I have a MediaCenter box that has no serial.  I used a USB converter and the receiver is acting fine (red light each button press), I even listened to the COM port and the receiver is sending data for each remote keypress. 
The big BUT is that Boom2k won't see it as a receiver so you can't configure it.  The COM port in use doesn't show in the list.

If they had a USB version of that remote, I'd buy it.  But from what I see the USB models don't use Boom.  And only Boom works WinAmp the way I want.  Boom's been out of development for many years it seems so I'm thinking I'll have to find another product altogether.

The only thread close to this topic was a year old so I started a new one.

kevinvinv

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Using Boom2000 through USB.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »

I gave up on BOOM and went with the Google Remote....  which I haven't gotten to work either....  I am very bummed about it... I just want a remote that will control my mouse (use iTunes) AND X10 automation modules. 

Lola I felt was actually a decent product... I have two of them... the only problem is that I use iTunes and when you buy a song it is not MP3 so LOLA can't play it...   if it could... I would actually be quite happy with Lola....

I am thinking of bailing out and buying a presentation remote from CompUsa ... just a remote mouse basically....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.