Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: wall switchs w12a  (Read 20560 times)

tgm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
wall switchs w12a
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:11:07 PM »

i need help with x10 wall sw ws12a, installed two and a base module hc50rx, did setup on computer A1(base) A2,A3 chose switches ws467 from the tool bar.
the problem is i can control the base unit from the computer but not the wall dimmer switches. i can control the base unit & the wall switches from the RCA remote control unit.
comm. port is ok, downloaded interface
thanks for any info
tgm ???

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: wall switchs w12a
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:40:22 PM »

i need help with x10 wall sw ws12a, installed two and a base module hc50rx, did setup on computer A1(base) A2,A3 chose switches ws467 from the tool bar...

• What is the name and model number of the X10 MODULE you have connected to your computer?
  • What is the name and version number of the X10 SOFTWARE you have loaded on your computer?

The more details you supply, the better the response you'll receive. ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 07:09:39 AM »

I can't find any data on an HC50RX. I did on the RCA HC60RX OEM version of the CM11a. Is that what you have?
Also what transceiver are you using for the RCA RC1310A remote? As the computer controller has no RF receiving capabilities.
As mentioned a better list of all you have will be a big help in answering your questions.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

I can't find any data on an HC50RX. I did on the RCA HC60RX OEM version of the CM11a. Is that what you have?
Also what transceiver are you using for the RCA RC1310A remote? As the computer controller has no RF receiving capabilities.
As mentioned a better list of all you have will be a big help in answering your questions.

Brian,
The HC50RX is the RCA-branded X10 transceiver which looks like a RR501 except lacking the 1-9 slider switch.
I haven't tested it to determine whether it has "polite" PLC transmission like the current RR501 or is "rude" like the TM751.

If and when the OP ever gets around to revealing what computer interface and software he's using we can pursue solving his problem.  But until then, I'm "outta here".

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 11:33:04 AM »

I haven't tested it to determine whether it has "polite" PLC transmission like the current RR501 or is "rude" like the TM751.

My 'untechnical' observation (from when I was troubleshooting CM15A/AHP MACRO Timing Errors weeks ago) is "rude" - IIRC, it mimicked the operation of the TM751, not the RR501, in my experiments.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »

Thanks for the added model number for the transceiver Charles. Now for the computer interface data?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.