Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyHouse Online - Always Showing Connecting to MyHouse Service  (Read 13417 times)

murphb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MyHouse Online - Always Showing Connecting to MyHouse Service
« on: October 30, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »

I recently installed this and activated the product OK. I even went to the extent of opening up the client computer to the intenet via placing it in the DMZ but still no joy. I see lots of threads on this and wanted to know if my problem is the same, if there is a solution or a timeline to the solution. I have verified all the software is showing as registered OK but I am at a loss. I am not a network expert but certainly not a novice but this one has me stumped as I keep seeing "Connecting to MyHouse Service".

I am running the latest version of software. a D-Link WBR-2310 Router and running Comcast Cable.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: MyHouse Online - Always Showing Connecting to MyHouse Service
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:15:55 PM »

Can you open the My House connection from your PC with AHP running on it?
If so but can't get the other PCs on your network to connect then the problem is your router!
I'm running a linksys router and had to change more than one setting to get everything working right! ;) simply putting the client computer as DMZ didn't help!
I had to enable Multicast Pass Through and one other don't remember if it was IPSec Pass Through or PPTP Pass Through as these are both checked! your router will no doubt be different
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

murphb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 06:30:07 AM »

I even went to the extent of removing the router and connecting the PC with AHP directly to the modem ..... no luck .... sorry should have added that in my post.

I also sometimes get a message about validating registration and then it disconnects. But when I boot up AHP then it says everything is registered.

Summary is I have eliminated the router. Tried it on other PC's. No Luck

Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 10:00:45 AM »

Try this step by step:
    [li]open user configuration under MYhouse
    .[/li]
    [li]Create a new user and set their id and password and access 
     take note of the "Active Home Pro System Id" as well as user name and password you'll need all three
    .[/li]
    [li]Click connect myhouse server
    .[/li]
    [li]Open a bowser window and type in http://myhouse.x10.com/ and enter
    .[/li]
    [li]If a popup comes up saying you need to install an active x controler click ok and install the controller when that window pops up
    .[/li]
    [li]When the ActivHome remote window opens click on "MyHouse" and then "Connect To Myhouse Service"
    .[/li]
    [li] A log in window will popup, type in username, password and the Active Home Sytem id #
    .[/li]
    [li]click ok
    . [/li]
    that should do it
    [/list]
    [/b]
    Hopefully you just had a typo ;) but sometimes starting from scratch is best  ;) :D ;D
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

clunker

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
    « Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 01:12:51 AM »

I'm having the same problem.  All the latest software is installed and registered, but when I try to connect AHP to the MyHouse service and observe the MyHouse Status window, I just get an infinite loop of:

Start Connection...
    Connecting to MyHouse Service..
    Cannot Connect to MyHouse Service
    Verify MyHouse Plugin-in Registration
    Disconnected from MyHouse Service
    Waiting xxx s to Reconnect

I get a similar thing when I try to connect to the MyHouse service from a browser and I don't know if that's part of the same problem or just because I don't have AHP connected.  In any case, here's the infinite loop I get in that case:

Start Connection as User 'xxx'
    Connecting to MyHouse Service..
    Cannot Connect to MyHouse Service
    Check for Correct System ID
    Disconnected from MyHouse Service
    Waiting xxx s to Reconnect

I'm using a Linksys BEFW11S4 V.2 router and RoadRunner service.  I've placed the machine on the DMZ, already had all the different pass-throughs enabled, shut down my email, ftp, and jboss servers and disabled all security (including firewall) with no effect - aside from increased frustration.  I even tried removing Ant from my path (don't ask.)

It would help if I knew what MyHouse was trying to do.  Is the myhouse.x10.com server just a registry?  Does the AHP program act as a server and just register its existence with the myhouse server and have browser clients redirected to it?  (With the myhouse server trying to establish a successful client connection first.)

If so, that could cause a lot of problems unless you can configure the address and port of that server socket.  Specifically, my machine doesn't have a public IP address - only the router has a public IP address, so if it sends the myhouse server the local IP address (192.168.1.100) that won't do much good - but if the address can be configured that would make all the difference.

This is all wild speculation, though.  Does anyone have any information on the inner goings-on of this stuff?  Anything at all?  I'm getting tired of playing Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey.

Thanks.

glt

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
    « Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 07:51:39 AM »

Cluncker,

I  went through the same thing and it was solved in my post here:  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=10893.0

And yes, you will get that "system id" error until the AHP computer can register with the server.

After registering, it works fine on my computers with NO changes to the router and by allowing AHP to act as a server in Zone Alarm. YMMV

Also please see my other posts in the MyHouse forum. My guess is you have registered MyHouse just recently.

GLT

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    « Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 07:54:11 AM »

clunker:
    Since I'm using a Linksys router as well (different model) and can connect with out any problems (I had to play with settings to do this) I'm sure this is your problem!
    One option I know will prevent you from connecting is:
     If you have your DYNAMIC ROUTING in Working Mode: Router it must be set to Gateway

You can't connect from a browser unless AHP is connected or you see the message that you do! ;)
    What Myhouse is doing:
    MyHouse logs on AHP to the X10server with your server ID.
    Clients need that Id to access your AHP PC
    They still need to be configured for access in AHP or they are denied entry
    The X10 server acts like a Router/Gateway ;)
    Hope this simple explanation helps!
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 07:56:32 AM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

clunker

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 08:42:41 PM »

Thanks!  I've sent the email to eric and suspect that will solve it.  Some more information in case it helps someone else:

I looked at my network activity and when trying to connect, port 443 (https) was opened for listening and a request was sent to port 443 of the myhouse server (wiki says 80, but apparently they've upgraded.)  The machine sent 50 bytes to the myhouse server but received no response and no incoming connection was attempted.

If you're running a webserver from the same machine as AHP, that might be a problem.  (I took mine down while trying to get it to work and I passed the network test on the support site, so that's not it for me, though.)

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
    • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
      • Darkstarz World
    « Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »

I am having the same dang issues as others with this My House not connecting, constantly saying Verify My House plug-in Regisration, which I have and ran the website network test and it came back say Yes for both random port and port 80 as a specified port. I have a Linksys as well like others, I have it set to Gateway, my PC is opened to all the internet via the DMZ option, I have Multicast and PPTP,  IP Sec all checked, I am running a fricking WIDE OPEN system here people, what's going on? I've been trying this for a week now. There's got to be something going on here.....  Anyone got a real solution?
    Larry S.
    http://www.darkstarz.com
    The impossible we do immediately,
    Miracles may take us a day longer.

clunker

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 01:44:14 PM »

The devs fixed the problem and it works now  :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    « Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »

Nice to Hear !
    It was strange that only new users were having problems! ::)
    And they were all the same Problems!
    Probably released a new range of ID numbers and forgot to program the new range into the server! ::) ???
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.