Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anaconda vs NightWatch2  (Read 28409 times)

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Anaconda vs NightWatch2
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:25:16 PM »

Hi all... looking for someone to post that has both an Anaconda cam and a NightWatch2 cam. Would like to get some feed back on viewability in low light. Say under a single 100 watt flood light or there abouts how much better is the NightWatch over the Anaconda. I have 3 Anaconda's. Under natural light (Daylight) I think the Anaconda is darn good. Under artificial incandescent light its OK and florescent kind of poor but viewable. Any feed back good or bad welcome.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

bronco

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Anaconda vs NightWatch2
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 11:36:20 PM »

They both suck at night outside.  Get an IR camera from another supplier.

KDR

• Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 05:31:42 AM »

Well what I was looking for was... ;D     Is the NightWatch 2   Better?   Same?   Worst?   as the Anaconda at night with some dim light. I'm looking for some improvement in one location but didn't want to buy the nightwatch 2 if its the same or worst. What IR cams are good in the 30 to 40 foot range? Compatible with X10 and iWitness?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:36:16 AM by KDR »

bronco

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »

the nightwatch cameras are B/W   and are better at low light than the anaconda.
I recently got an ir camera from     http://www.cctvspecialty.com/   Mod=SPE-ir40   $199

More expensive but I can see out to about 100ft.   It is color by daylight, b/w at night.

I use Cat5 cable about 700feet to run back to AHP.   I don't have any reviews of one camera vs another.  This one seems to be a reasonable price and does the job.

KDR

• Home Automation Chat
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 07:42:59 PM »

Thanks Bronco.  I will check out the link you posted. I may give the nightwatch2 a try since I think I have a place to use it if it doesn't work out. I looked over my setup and I can move the new cam within 15 feet or less of the targeted area. If I go this route and compare I will come back here to post how it went.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:33:32 PM »

KDR: Check out this thread at Accessha there is a post there with some samples of the X10 low light cam with varying light!
It may help you decide! ;) :D >:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

KDR

• Home Automation Chat
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 04:46:34 AM »

Thanks for the link Tuicemen  :D    I'm going to try a wired NightWatch2 cam. For the money its not a bad investment since if it doesn't work out I have another location I can put it in.

Lexington_Browns

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »

I have both the Anaconda Color camera's and the Black and White NightWatch 2 camera's.

The NightWatch 2 of course worked better at night.  I have two nightwatch camera's watching my front yard.  I have a street light next to my front yard and was able to see the white birdbath in my front yard but not much else.  I needed a clearer picture so I ended up putting up two 120W flood lamps aimed out into the front yard.  I used some socket rockets and programmed them to turn on the flood lights when the camera's are activated.  With the flood lights I was able to see someone (myself) walking in the front yard and got enough detail even out by the street to know make an ID.

The Anaconda does not work at all in the dark although I have not used them with flood lights.  All I get is colored snow on the screen with the Anaconda in the dark.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.