Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Download trouble  (Read 2457 times)

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Download trouble
« on: November 04, 2006, 06:52:35 PM »

Hi all,

This purchase from x-10 is the WORST experiance I have ever had buying something over the net hand down.... but Ill hold my tongue for now.

I need some help please. I was reading through the older posts as to not being able to download the software to a disk or flashdrive and then trying to open it on another computer but I did not see anything about installing the actuall program on a comp and then copying the files to a (in my case) flashdrive to put on my other system. Would this work? Im not about to set up my other system  to the net just to download this software. 
Thank you for any help.
J.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Download trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 07:49:59 PM »

...I was reading through the older posts as to not being able to download the software to a disk or flashdrive and then trying to open it on another computer but I did not see anything about installing the actuall program on a comp and then copying the files to a (in my case) flashdrive to put on my other system. Would this work? Im not about to set up my other system  to the net just to download this software. 

AFAIK, the AHP Computer *MUST* have internet access - no if's, and's or but's - that's the way X10 designed it.  :(

From my "Old Geezer " memory, you might try using "CleanSweep" to back it off your Internet Computer and then restore it on your Non-Internet Computer, but no guarantees implied...
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Download trouble
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:20:29 PM »

Thanks.
I do not have that software and since the other addons are useless anyway (iwitness & myhome) without the VA11A I may just send the whole thing back.. You know I consider myself a pretty reasonable consumer but the effort I have put out to first of all GET this order then try to make it work I believe is more than reasonable. I have several x-10 products ACtive home, 3 color cameras, the ds7000 security system, the vcr commander and some other stuff so I'm not completely new to this company's behavior.
Here is my take on the whole situation you have an on line company that clearly has a strong marketing staff that uses the tec they have available to them to give the customer every chance to buy. I mean if you need information on what something costs and how to get it its there and then some.
So you have a staff that can and has included information up the wazoo on purchasing and price, demonstrating that they can fill the pages with info.......the catch is its only the info they want you to know. This tells me there is a conscience effort on there part to leave infomation OUT..seriously what else could it be? I ordered the AHP package and there was absolutely no reason to believe after reading the description (see below) of the package that I couldNOT use iwitness and myhome with what I ordered.  This is pasted from the actual page.....
Features:

Protect your home while you're away - give it that "lived-in" look by controlling lights over the Internet
Don't strain your eyes - set the lights to the brightness level you want
Add light switches anywhere - peel-n-stick the Wireless Wall Switch wherever you need control of 3 lights/appliances - you can even dim/brighten your lamps with them!
Impress guests by controlling lights/appliances by remote
Get rid of your outdated timers – set your home on schedules with your PC
No more annoying alarm buzz in the morning – wake up on your terms, with music, soft lights and fresh-brewed coffee
See for yourself that your home is safe – get online and watch your surveillance cameras from anywhere in the world
Come home to a warm, well-lit home – turn on your lights and heat over the Internet from work before you leave
Use your remotes, motion sensors, etc. from anywhere on your property – extend your system’s range by 100 feet with the Smart Range Extender

This is a list of what you CAN DO if you purchse this package, it has been written specifically for this package because I believe the AHP normally doesnot include the peel and stick switches or the range extender. So if they have taken the time to ADD these "features" which are actually included why would it be unreasonable to assume that I could also use the "features" listed in reference to iwhitness and myhome???

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.