Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie with problem and need advice.  (Read 2746 times)

shadowwalker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie with problem and need advice.
« on: November 14, 2006, 04:05:49 AM »

I have a shed that is 24x36 with no windows and only one door. It is about 960 feet from my house and is clear line of site. It sests by highway. I also have one 24x50 greenhouse about 40 feet from the shed. I have power to shed and soon will have it to greenhouse. I have no phone line to either but this summer can put in low voltage line I think.From house phone system. I have a neighbor that lives about 300 feet from shed on other side. I need a security system for this. Is there one that will send to alarm at house, or a loud one that will fit for shed and greenhouse, also it there wireless perimiter for inside greenhouse?
I'm really new to this security stuff. I once had a burgler where I used to live, another state. I shot over his head one night and never had a problem again. But I guess times have changed. So can't do that here. Ha, ha.

ArtClark

Re: Newbie with problem and need advice.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 04:15:09 AM »

960' is a long way for security RF.  Possible the POwerline SIgnals could make it, but I'm not sure.  Motion detector could handle greenhouse.  Beyond that, I'm not sure.  Standalone for SHed/Greenhouse not too bad, but to get to house with standard RF signals could be tough.  (Repeater in middle of yard not really an option?)  Maybe others will have more info.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.