Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Q about using 5 cams with AHP  (Read 16429 times)

makin copies

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Q about using 5 cams with AHP
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »

Hi all,
I’m new here just getting started with HA. I started off with a wired B&W cam for security a few months ago. Things kind of snowballed from there to a wireless 4 cam set up with mulit view. Now I have a wireless 4 cam setup running with win xp using AHP. With 4 cams AHP tiles the window  with all 4 views much like in
multiview. Before I buy another cam or two. I wanted to know how its going to rotate the views from 5 or say 6 different cameras? The cam I’m lookin at is a Astek. I want a hard wired IR cam and I plan on using a rca Y splitter into the VA11A and a lamp module to turn that cam on and off. Do you guys see any problems with this type of setup?
Thanks in advance.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Q about using 5 cams with AHP
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »

Hi makin copies ...

The setup should work fine and the Astek IR cams are great. I have 3 of them and use "Y" connectors on my Anacondas and one of the Asteks.

You said you were going to use a "Lamp Module" to turn it on or off... I would use an Appliance Module since most lamp modules have dim features and you don't want to accidentally dim the power to the transformer for the cam.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:25:35 AM »

I have to agree with KDR. The Astek IR cams are great although the color is a little flaky. I have 6 cameras, a mixture of X10 and Astek. I use appliance modules to supply power to the non X10 cameras. Another option to using a Y connector is to use a video modulator. Wall Mart has one for under $30. (Thanks Dave_x10_L)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:30:51 AM by JimC »
_ _ ...  ..._ _

makin copies

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:06:12 AM »

Thanks for the input guys!

How about this one?
Before I buy another cam or two. I wanted to know how its going to rotate the views from 5 or say 6 different cameras?

Will AHP tile the views into the 4 up format, rotating thru the 6 cams or does it tile 6 views into one window?  :-\

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 02:06:13 PM »

If you have AHP set in the panel view format it shows cams pic in the boxes!
I added a phantom cam and the number of boxes increased to 6! ;)
Mind you I had to set my cams to scan for this to update the box count and show the additional cam! ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

makin copies

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 09:50:28 PM »

:o Ah Ha...
Right you are Tuicemen!
Thank you 8)

makin copies

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:57:48 AM »

Hi makin copies ...

The setup should work fine and the Astek IR cams are great. I have 3 of them and use "Y" connectors on my Anacondas and one of the Asteks.

You said you were going to use a "Lamp Module" to turn it on or off... I would use an Appliance Module since most lamp modules have dim features and you don't want to accidentally dim the power to the transformer for the cam.

----------------KDR
Okay, So I have added a 5th wired cam non-x10 to my setup here using a appliance module to switch this cam off and on. I added this 5th cam into the rotation using a Y for the video and added a new cam to AHP iwitness. Now  I have 9 cam views instead of the screen friendly 4 view. I was not able to get this setup to run with any great success rotating thru the 5 cams with AHP or even switch cams using the CR12A remote. This ir color wired cam works fine when testing on the tv but once added to my pc and AHP I had problems :-[
I haven't completely given up on this setup but for now I'm not using this wired cam with my AHP wireless setup.
KDR or anyone else have any tips or tricks on this type of setup?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.