Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you like a Slimline replacement for the RW694 that can control four devices like the pictures on the web site?

Yes, definitely
- 4 (100%)
Yes, probably
- 0 (0%)
Maybe
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: 4 device Slim Line switches  (Read 6214 times)

jeth

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
4 device Slim Line switches
« on: November 11, 2006, 09:50:56 AM »

There's been a typo for years now in the descriptions of the Slimline switches.  The picture very clearly shows FOUR devices being controlled even though the switch can only control three; the fourth switch is only a dimmer switch.

The larger and more cumbersome RW694 switch is capable of controlling four devices, but there is no comparable Slimline version. 

I've written X-10 a great many times about this, and all I get are apologies for the typo.

Wouldn't anyone else like a four device version?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: 4 device Slim Line switches
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 10:23:17 AM »

There's been a typo for years now in the descriptions of the Slimline switches.  The picture very clearly shows FOUR devices being controlled even though the switch can only control three; the fourth switch is only a dimmer switch.

The larger and more cumbersome RW694 switch is capable of controlling four devices, but there is no comparable Slimline version. 

I've written X-10 a great many times about this, and all I get are apologies for the typo.

Wouldn't anyone else like a four device version?

Aside from a recent sale where it wasn't clear whether X-10 was selling the old 4-button RW694 or the Slimline SS13A, it's always been obvious to me that the SS13A only controls three device, viz: http://www.x10.com/automation/x10_ss13a.htm

What web pages have the typo?

But yes, I would like to have a four-device Slimline available.  I recently had to replace some of the old 4-button and 2-button switches and had to do a bit of rearranging house codes and unit codes to use the SS13As.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

jeth

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: 4 device Slim Line switches
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:13:35 AM »

Thanks for response, Charles,

I'll have to admit that your link does now show the correct picture.  But as late as last week I was still seeing the older image. 

It's possible that my last three emails that I sent to various people after my recent purchase, plus my response to the reader satisfaction survey finally got some results, at least as far as fixing the typo, not providing an RW694 equivalent.

At one time I had save the image to include in an email, but that was on an older machine, and this one has less outdated stuff.  :)

Joe

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.