Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 receivers now only get one camera  (Read 11127 times)

GMBAL4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
2 receivers now only get one camera
« on: November 11, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »

hey guys I ordered another receiver for my back bedroom and now I only get 1 channel the receiver in the my front room can get all 3 cameras what do I need to do to make the back camera receive all 3 cameras..........

thanks for the help  :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: 2 receivers now only get one camera
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:01:52 PM »

Is the second receiver in the other direction of the camera antennas? The camera antenna is directional and if the other receiver is not in the same path as the first one that can be the problem.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: 2 receivers now only get one camera
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 01:14:35 PM »

hey guys I ordered another receiver for my back bedroom and now I only get 1 channel the receiver in the my front room can get all 3 cameras what do I need to do to make the back camera receive all 3 cameras..........

The range of the cameras do have limits.

What I have done is transmit cameras to one collective hub.... in the basement, near a window. I run my (some are wired) cameras through a four unit auto-switching modulator (it also has video out). I picked it up at Walmart ($25).

Currently, I re-send from this location (different channel/letter setting). The RF seems to travel better through my floors than my walls. I now have reception through-out my house. I use the same channel for my home theater, and can watch the movie playing in the theater on the same TV's.

My wife complained (very nicely) about static on the TV in the theater bathroom (a small bath off the theater, I have a TV in there that plays the movie thats plays in the theater) when popcorn is microwaved. So on that TV... I fished coax from the modulator, and it worked great.

I have seriously thought of tying the cameras and theater, into channels 3 & 4 into my cable network.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.