Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: forum posting problems  (Read 3237 times)

jeth

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
forum posting problems
« on: November 11, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »

I may be doing something wrong, but while I was going through several pages in a forum, I decided to reply to something on page 8.

However, after posting I was returned to page one again, and since the list of pages was reduced to it original state of just the first twor or three and the last one, i couldn't get back to where I was before without paging all the way back again.

Is there some other way to keep track so the user doesn't hae to back track all the time?

Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: forum posting problems
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 05:30:59 PM »

I may be doing something wrong, but while I was going through several pages in a forum, I decided to reply to something on page 8.

However, after posting I was returned to page one again, and since the list of pages was reduced to it original state of just the first twor or three and the last one, i couldn't get back to where I was before without paging all the way back again.

Is there some other way to keep track so the user doesn't hae to back track all the time?

Thanks

Oh yes... the settings are in your profile (almost to the top...slightly to the left). You can set the forum to look/behave as you would like (sorta).

Ya know you ought to check out The finer art of posting[/b]

(Format compliments OF TTA)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 05:34:27 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: forum posting problems
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 06:16:42 PM »

However, after posting I was returned to page one again...

...Is there some other way to keep track so the user doesn't hae to back track all the time?

Nope. You're not doing anything "specifically" wrong - that's the way MOST forums (at least the ones I visit) work.

You can "work around it" by always RIGHT-CLICKING on Reply / Quote and opening a NEW Window / Tab. Then, when you're finished, close it and you'll be back where you were. ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.