Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Some timers work and others do not  (Read 7689 times)

skadoo323

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Some timers work and others do not
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:18:45 PM »

Hello everyone. I have Active Home Pro which is connected with a cm15a. I had it a timer setup to turn on 2 lamp modules. One is c6 (living room) lamp module and then c4 (bedroom) lamp module. I had the timers for these working since August w/o any problems. Recently a week ago both lamp module will not work on their timers. I have recreated the modules in Active Home Pro, which did not solve the issue. I even tried uninstalling then reinstalling all of the x10 programs, which did not fix the problem. I recreated the timer in Active Home Pro and that did not work either. I even cleared the hardware memory then had it download all timers and macros, which did not work. I even reconnected the cm15a to another USB port on my PC, which still did not fix the problem. I contacted x10 support and a tech told me to go into Active Home Pro and in the Macro Options tab select "issue on in place of bright 100%", which I did do. This fixed one of my lamp modules, which now allows c6 to turn on and off according to its timers, but c4 is still not working. I tried contacting x10 support but they are closed on the weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

ArtClark

Re: Some timers work and others do not
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 02:41:27 AM »

May sound silly but be sure that the other lamp is not dimming to 1% or something like that.  This could make a turn-on command not really do anything.  You could check your activity monitor to see what it says as well.  Not to confuse the issue but is it possible you got a new electrical device and that is interferring with X-10? 

As I haven't mentioned all the possible troubles, and you haven't given all the specs of what you've got, this would seem to be a good place to start. ;D

skadoo323

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »

The odd thing is that I did not get anything new. The palmpad remotes work fine with turning on/off the lights on the lamp modules and the activity log even show that. The problem is that for the timers, the activity log does not even show them. The only other things in the room with the c4 module is desktop PC, but that is unplugged as I hardly ever use it.

Another weird thing..

I have c5, a lamp module in another bedroom, which is next to the bedroom that has c4 and the same problems persists. I never had any timers for c5, but last night I was like let me test it with a timer and still nothing. Both c4 and c5 respond from the palmpad and even AHP with it being logged in the activity monitor, but both of their timers do not work. In the c5 room, there is only a small alarm clock. I unplugged it to see if that was interferring and it did not make a difference. I know this sounds crazy, but I was really outta ideas, so I even went to the circuit breaker box and flipped the switch that goes to both of the rooms where c4 and c5 are. I flipped it back, ran a timer and still no luck.

In summary, both c4 and c5 work via the palmpad and AHP, but their timers do not work.

Let me know what you guys think. Any help is appreciated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 04:50:37 PM »

skadoo323 :
Since you had these timers working at one point it is probably something you have changed!
You uninstalled and reinstalled and never should have done that you may have created more problems! :(
You still have yet to give a good explanation of what you have in your setup! ::) ???
EG: Do you have another transceiver in the mix?
What version of AHP are you running? what plug-ins do do run?
What OS are yo running?
Do you is the PC as a dedicated home automation or are there other things running?

If you supply all the information about your system it will speed things up and limit the guessing on are part! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

skadoo323

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 07:15:29 PM »

1. no other transeivers
2. AHP v 3.206, Smart Macros, iWitness, OnAlert, MyHouse Online
3. Windows XP Pro - when I reinstalled that apps, I even fell back to just reimage my pc and then load the apps, as if this was a fresh new install
4. This is on a dedicated pc, with nothing else running on it

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »

skadoo323:
So your timers were working before you added On Alert!
Since it was released in mid Sept.2006
Some times adding a plug-in or updating AHP can cause some undersirable things!
Things which we don't catch for weeks! ::)
Since you uninstaled then reinstalled have you check all your AHP setting/configurations they all went back to defaults!
Since you say you reinstalled did you backup your AHX file and reuse it? It may be corrupt! ::)
This sometimes happens with updates or installs which are Web based! >:(
Sorry I keep asking questions! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

skadoo323

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 09:06:46 PM »

I started a whole new ahx file. The settings all seem fine. It's weird since one lamp module works fine and the other doesn't work nor does it's timer show any activity in the log.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:42:24 PM »

skadoo323:
Ok heres what I want you to try!
Create a dummy appliance module and create a timer to turn it on/off.
Best if it isn't on your C or M house codes see if the timers trigger it!
If they do and it shows in the AM (activity monitor)then you can make a macro triggered from it in it send RF commands to your modules that you having problems with!
Remember all timers don't work the same day you make them sometime you need 24 hours to test! ;)
Now when the timer triggers the dummy module it will send the on/of commands to your problem module!
Note: you may have to do this for each one! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

skadoo323

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 10:05:41 PM »

not sure if this is important but whenever I create a new "fake" module the activity log lists ModuleLetter ModuleNumber extended code 3 3b

what is that? another post says it deals with adding extra bits.

skadoo323

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:08:07 PM »

this is interesting...when using an appliance module, I do not get that extended code message in the activity log.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 10:33:52 PM »

this is interesting...when using an appliance module, I do not get that extended code message in the activity log.
You have to use an appliance module for a dummy for a number of reasons and it shouldn't be a 2 way module either! ;) :D
Dimming and polling features will only confuse the issue! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

skadoo323

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »

yes i did use it as an appliance module instead

skadoo323

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 10:24:50 PM »

Just wanted to give an update. I followed your suggestions and created a macro to turn on the lamp module at 7pm, which is fact worked and showed in the activity log. Although I still kept the original timer in AHP for the lamp module to turn in on at 7:30 pm, but still that did not show up in the activity log. Do you guys know why the trigger macro for it worked, but the original timer didn't work.

Also on another note. I was randomly hitting unassigned buttons on my palmpad which is set to house code c (all my lamp modules are on that house code), but when I looked at the activity log it mentioned things like c12 on door sensor and such. I do have OnAlert, but I thought the door/window sensors are not assigned a module number.

Thanks again!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 10:42:16 PM »

Security devices are given codes so AHP can configure/watch them although they aren't shown!
I suspect it is using the dummy module trick in disguise ;) :D
There are a couple of tricks to get AHP to assign specific House codes for them ,there is a post in the On Alert section about that! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

skadoo323

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »

Thanks for the info. So then what about how a macro timer worked but not the programmed timer?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.