Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wall Outlet problems  (Read 18258 times)

ArtClark

Re: Wall Outlet problems
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »

TTA

I am composing all my replys directly on the forum website.  I just have the old-school of typing a "return" when near the right
margin.  (Defining my own column width)  This is a leftover from old (Pre PC) word processing and web page formatting.

Hopefully, It won't cause too much trouble.  I would have to really pay attention to stop the learned typing method.   ;D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 06:28:04 PM »

Try a power tap with the lights and a old fashioned 7 watt night light in the same outlet. If the problem goes away it is local sensing current restarting the lights.
The Local Control circuit basically lets you turn ON a module that is off by cycling the controlled light or appliance power switch off then back on again.
The small current is enough to have the fluorescent lights try to restart and trigger this circuit. Also the wall switch isn't two way and doesn't update the CM15 to the changed status.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 07:42:55 PM »

...I just have the old-school of typing a "return" when near the right
margin.  (Defining my own column width)  This is a leftover from old (Pre PC) word processing and web page formatting.

Hopefully, It won't cause too much trouble...   ;D

If you normally view this forum FULL SCREEN, temporarily switch to a WINDOW. From the window, move your cursor to either side until you see <-> appear and then drag that towards the center to make the window narrower to see what it looks like to folks with a smaller default screen size than you. ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 07:48:16 PM »

Try a power tap with the lights and a old fashioned 7 watt night light in the same outlet. If the problem goes away it is local sensing current restarting the lights.
The Local Control circuit basically lets you turn ON a module that is off by cycling the controlled light or appliance power switch off then back on again.
The small current is enough to have the fluorescent lights try to restart and trigger this circuit. Also the wall switch isn't two way and doesn't update the CM15 to the changed status.

I thought that you were accidentally replying to the wrong thread (since I was discussing this exact same solution with artk) until I remembered / noticed that freewilly had jumped in! :D

Maybe prefix your reply with a QUOTE or a member name next time. ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

freewilly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 08:20:06 PM »

sorry bout jumping in but it seems like a good place to join.  I think I do have a local control issue.  I am using a SR227 and am curious if anyone has ever operated on this unit to stop local control?  I want to keep using it but have never operated on this model before.

Freewilly

artk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 09:30:41 AM »

I replaced my X10 module with a smart home appliance module and it works without and extra lights. I must of had a bad module.
artk  :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 04:21:23 PM »

I replaced my X10 module with a smart home appliance module and it works without and extra lights. I must of had a bad module.
artk  :)
The Smarthome modules have less local sensing current than the X10 ones and if programmed right can be set to ignore the local control. So frequently a flickering load on an X10 will not on a Smarthome. That said Smarthomes Insteon modules have other issues.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.