Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MAN OH MAN  (Read 7288 times)

IAMAVICTIM

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MAN OH MAN
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »

I just recieved mine and I think the ham sandwich I made for lunch has better reception.... Can you say going back? I believe if the moons are aligned correct and you do not use ANY other RF, bluetooth, wireless phones, wireless routers, shoplights, anything with motors, shavers etc..... You have a small chance of this stuff working...
I understand the comments about you get what you pay for and I agree to some degree but this is beyond that...Its just downright silly! Along with the SPAM in the software that you pay for this is looking like a SCAM that law enforcement needs to look into... It's like buying a car then finding out that it only runs on Mondays IF its not raining... Would that be acceptable? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!

BTW yes I did try a few things to no avail.... I am very familliar with x-10 as I do use other things from them in conjucntion with UPB and homeseer with mostly success.

IAMAVICTIM

Re: MAN OH MAN
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »

Ok, so far so good. It looks like their Customer service is pretty good.. I have an RMA on the way and if they do what they say and provide a refund I will be impressed and continue to use the product from them that actually works... motion sensers, modules, remotes etc...I know this seems hard but people do really need to be informed!.... X-10  I really hope you guys are working on new technology!!!! I bet people would pay a bit more for stuff that worked!!!! I know I would!
Thanks,
Dan

BTW Take the SPAM out of your software!!! My lord!!! It makes your company seem SO unprofessional!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:15:03 PM by IAMAVICTIM »

sakedacat

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »

Yeah, I have to agree with you on this one. I've been using some basic X10 stuff for @ 10years now (wireless security, lamp mods, etc.) recently I decided on jumping in head first! I have been buying most & some of everything in advance of moving into my new home. When product comes in I run it through a few tests and package it back up to install after moving. THANK GOD I tested these cameras!! (before the 30 day return policy was up) Now I know X10 is not at the high end of the market but I've been pretty happy with most all products but not these cameras, they are of VERY low grade. I have seen better (much better) baby monitors at walmart! The wireless "thing" is just NOT working, I tried EVERYTHING, I mean the thing would not give a clear picture until I was standing @ 10 feet right in front of the receiver, and unless your standing on the sun, forget even being able to tell what is going on in your monitor. I would have to bet that they must get an awful lot of these back, come to think of it one of mine kinda looked used. 

largent

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:05:17 AM »

I agree, I too have been using X10 automation products in my home for several years and had mostly good results. I did however buy much of it from a 3rd party website. I kept getting those x10 email moonlight madness sale's and gave in at Christmastime. Xcam2 instant on wireless and vcr commander. HA HA HA HA.don't i feel stupid. The price was a bit high for the component that works. VCR commander does what it claims. The cam is ridiculous. C'mon guys. While I was in HD (home depot) after xmas they had a clearance on Swann wired and wireless cams w/nightvision (so called) and for 50 bucks I figured hey? The difference between  the x10 and the swann is... no comparison. Neither is great, but swann is much, much, much better than x10. If anyone would like some screenshots, lemme know. So I'll use the VCR commander with the swann camera and a x10 module to turn the cams on and off.

cricket12835

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:16:38 AM »

you guys make drive me crazy.  I don't even want to open the box I think I will save myself the trouble and just send it back.  If I was to run this equipment all hard wired would it work better?

Network8888

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 10:15:45 PM »

Hello,

I will say x-10 stuff sometimes is a pain to get setup, that said

I have a wireless network, 3 cameras, AHP, with pretty much all modules, except the vanguard.

I have multiple lamp modules, socket rockets, interfaces etc.

it all works. now maybe I am a bit more savvy on putting this stuff together, (used the workaround for the VA11A and it is working great now)

I am running VISTA premium, I even have an old nogatech video adapter working with "Watcher from Digi-Watcher" I am using the

My House On Line, MyWebEX (yes have it working on VISTA also)

I am still learning about the macros but I will keep going and master that also (well someday)

My cameras are about 30ft from the receivers, using the x-10 amplifer for the signels and it works pretty good, made things much more
dependable. the eagle eye detectors work well switching the cameras.

I have a two cameras outside in the rain and weather (Portland OR.) for about two years and they are still working fine (yes I leave the plastic covers on the lenses)

Basically it is working pretty damn well

thanks to the other users that I have used to figure this stuff out

I will say that tech support is lacking (I only use email for tech support, takes to long to call)

in closing, keep trying, the stuff works and works pretty well.

thanks

network8888

ps: hell no, I don't work for x-10

harnish

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:44:35 AM »

I just got my AHP to work with the va11a, the audio has a problem installing but, that is ok since i have no audio on the cam. Windows update is a serious problem with the pc cam pro. In order to get mine working i deleted the pc cam pro completely from imaging devices and then had vista check for hardware changes again. When it found two unknown devices, I pointed it to the folder with the driver but I have made some major mods to that file. The settings for the cams on the file are generic and the ; in front of allot of the lines of coding seems to make it easier for it to read them. I didn't restart the system at all through this process and up came the live video feed. Although I'm still puzzled as to why when you click on stills it crashes. oyyy! Otherwise  :) If you have problems recording and viewing the videos afterwards then save them to a disk location to record it will work fine when recognizing it then.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.