Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AHP activation with Hughes.net/direcway  (Read 8334 times)

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: AHP activation with Hughes.net/direcway
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 05:39:30 PM »

Rob K.

If I understand you right, you successfully installed AND registered AHP on 2 computers running IE6 using your Directway connection. Correct?

I can tell you that IE7 has been breaking MANY web-based applications that worked fine under IE6, so it's possible that's what you are experiencing.

Try removing IE7 and reinstall IE6.

muffin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »

I successfully connected MyHouse through a Hughes Direcway satellite modem (old 4000 model) at home and for the first time viewed my four cameras remotely today (on a DSL at work).  But here is what I found out along the way from Eric at customer support: they did not have the website correctly configured for new registration numbers until last night.
And, my videos stopped coming in about 3 this afternoon so it is apparently down again.
But while it was working, it was beautiful.
Before that I was also getting the registration error message even though I was registered.

Rob K.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 09:58:43 AM »

I still have the problem but the risk of backing off IE7 is too high. I can make the thing work with my other computers. It is not what I wanted. I should have just stayed on the old active home. It did what I needed. The new one is a bit nicer but not leaps and bounds. It also seems to lockup from time to time. I end the task and restart it and it works fine. You don't do setup every day so not a major problem.

I'll just wait a few months, download the latest update and give it a try again.

X10 support was good. What they suggested did not work but they got back to me almost every day. It took some time to get past the canned answers but I assume that helps most people.

I have been using X10 in my house for about 20 years. It has worked well for me. Trouble shooting is part of the fun. My wife does not think so. She did not like the light flashing on and off in the kitchen.  I thought it looked cool. She made me find the problem and fix it.

Thanks everyone for you help. Hopefully I will be able to help someone in return.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 11:12:04 AM »

...I'll just wait a few months, download the latest update and give it a try again.

Don't get your hopes up. :-X

...I have been using X10 in my house for about 20 years. It has worked well for me. Trouble shooting is part of the fun. My wife does not think so. She did not like the light flashing on and off in the kitchen.  I thought it looked cool. She made me find the problem and fix it.

They must *ALL* go to the same Nation-wide (?World-wide? :'( ) "Wife Prep School "! How else could so many women, from all over the world, think and act so similar? :o ::)

Almost 30 years of X10 here and I never hear how useful it's been. But, just let the closet or the basement steps light stay on over it's normal 6 minutes and I'll hear about it immediately! :P

I still have the problem but the risk of backing off IE7 is too high...

*NEVER* be part of the "first-wave" involving software! Do a fresh install of Windows, with either IE6 or Firefox, backup the image with Norton Ghost, and enjoy life... :)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.