Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using a transceiver instead of a phase coupler  (Read 6703 times)

kcash

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using a transceiver instead of a phase coupler
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:11:09 AM »

I have only had my system for about a week now and am still a little new to all this.  I am wanting to make a macro that would send all RF signals generated by the CM15 to a transceiver which is located on the other phase of my homes electrical system.  If I can make this work, I shouldn't need to purchase a phase coupler.  I really don't know where to start with this.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Using a transceiver instead of a phase coupler
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:57:41 AM »

1st Choice... Phase Coupler

2nd Choice... (When ALL else fails)... A Transceiver on the other Phase.

If you do, in AHP, write Macros to send RF Commands to each Unit Code for that House Code.
Suggestion: Don't use the same house code for your Macro Triggers. Whatever you are using to activate modules on the OTHER Phase (remote,etc.), have them trigger these Macros. Don't allow them to be transceived on the other phase as well as received and transmitted by the CM15A & AHP.

Confusing?? Probably!!  :D ... read through this section (Smart Macros) in particular. You will find examples & lots of info for how to do various work-arounds.  ;)

If you can't find what you are looking for, or you have more questions, let us know.  :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Using a transceiver instead of a phase coupler
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »

I have only had my system for about a week now and am still a little new to all this.  I am wanting to make a macro that would send all RF signals generated by the CM15 to a transceiver which is located on the other phase of my homes electrical system.  If I can make this work, I shouldn't need to purchase a phase coupler.  I really don't know where to start with this.

Which Operating System are you running?
What plug-ins do you have/plan to use?

If your running 2000 then you'll have to do it the way Puck suggests
If your running XP you may only need to make sure your transceiver is set as a "RF transceiver" in Active Home Pro!

My AHP auto sends RF for any module I have on the other transcievers( a tm751 on the other phase) house code!

Still a phase coupler is a better choice! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.