Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SS13A was working with 2 dimmers until optimo hd projector added on same line  (Read 3687 times)

blkvet95

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Everything has been working fine until I plugged my new Optima HD Home Theater Projector into an outlet that is on the same circuit that powers the two dimmer switches that control the theater room recessed lights (not the projector). The dimmer switches work fine manually, but not remotely from the RF style stickup slimline SS13A switch ???

When I unplug the projector everything works fine. :o

Anyone ever had a similar problem?

The projector shouldn't make any difference. :'(

BTW, I can hear the remote transmitter / receiver click on and off so I know it is the hardwire signal in the electrical wiring that the Optima projector must be  somehow effecting?

X10 Expert, anything I can try that may get this to work with the projector plugged in?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 01:20:06 AM by blkvet95 »

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

The culprit is most probably the switching power supply of the projector. You might try putting one of those snap-on ferrite cores on the AC cable. It may be enough to dampen the trash on the line.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

Everything has been working fine until I plugged my new Optima HD Home Theater Projector into an outlet that is on the same circuit that powers the two dimmer switches that control the theater room recessed lights (not the projector). The dimmer switches work fine manually, but not remotely from the RF style stickup slimline SS13A switch ???

When I unplug the projector everything works fine. :o

The culprit is most probably the switching power supply of the projector. You might try putting one of those snap-on ferrite cores on the AC cable.

Or just install an X10 5A Filter before the projector... [SEARCH the X10Pro and SmartHome websites; Plain-Vanilla X10 doesn't even mention FILTERS...]
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Add my vote for powerline noise from the projector and add an X10 type filter. Some filters not for the X10 band can actually make things worse.
If the 5 amp filter is too close to the rating of the projector. There are other brands that are 10 or 15 amp.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.