Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It drives me crazy  (Read 64050 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: It drives me crazy
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »

Not codes codec it is a video compression setting should be in the software

Here is a screen shot of where it is in AHP, your software will undoubtedly be different
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 04:53:09 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 04:53:55 PM »

angle:

before I left the house, I tried it on my local network and it did the same thing

As I understood this statement, you meant to say that you tried using the laptop running the ICC remote client software from your home and were unable to establish a connection. Correct?

If so, I think we have established that the local system works fine when viewed/controlled from the local computer. The problem exists between the local computer and the remote ICC client.

Are you running any other processes on the "local" computer that are using any of your uplink bandwidth? ie: BitTorrent, P2p, etc.
Also, do you know what your home up/down bandwidth is?

I called x10 and they said that they would have a "level 2 tech" call me ...

Hopefully, someone will correct me, but I have never heard of anyone getting a call from X10's "2nd level" tech support. Personally, I doubt that they exist.

angle

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

running the laptop from either the local network or from another location in the world .... I get connected, but the stream does not work ... or if it works like today .. it will work for around 3min. 10sec and then do a burst about 30 sec. after the stream stops for 10 sec. and then it just stops all together .... I'm still connected, but no video stream (I can change the cam's to c1,c2,c3, or c4) .... the 3min. thing has been happening all day with the same amount of time that it is streaming the video ... very strange ... to the question of any other program uploading from the main computer or the local network .... the answer would be no ... it's just the vanguard software running the the local network ..... concerning the codec ... what do I change it to ..... that to bad about the level 2 tech support ... I always wondered about that and they would never call .. it sounds like they just wanted to get off the phone  >:( .... talk to you soon .....

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 05:34:11 PM »

When changing the Codec: 

There should be a pull down which shows the ones installed on your PC

Just try each one! ;)

Each will have different behaviors and one will work better for you than for me! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tjdavj

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 05:54:02 PM »

angle:

You haven't answered the uplink/downlink bandwidth question?

it will work for around 3min. 10sec and then do a burst about 30 sec. after the stream stops for 10 sec. and then it just stops all together

OK, so now you do see video for some period of time, but at some point, you lose the video stream. [ I have also seen this behaviour with iWitness, and think it is caused by poor response times on the X10 servers.]

When the video is streaming properly, do you try to change anything? If ICC works like iWitness, anytime you press a button or change a control, the video stream is stopped by the server, the changes are made on the "local" computer, and the video stream is re-started. There can be a considerable timelag during this process, so you have to be patient. 

concerning the codec ... what do I change it to .....

Personally, I don't think this is the issue, since the system does work temporarily, and typically the codec will either work or not.

angle

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 11:19:07 PM »

sorry for not answering the bandwidth question ... the main computer is 600KB up and 7.5mgs down ... the remote location I'm at now is a dsl ... and it's 350kb up and 1.5 down ..... I've tried to change different buttons to keep it active ... but that doesn't seem to work .... when I do change the cam's or pan the cam's ... I really don't see any stoppage ...it seems like it is in real time ...... the dun meter on this laptop is saying that the video stream is download at between 400kb to 600kb ..... hope to hear from you soon .....

tjdavj

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 11:35:55 PM »

angle:

Well up/down speeds are good enough on both ends.  Apparently, ICC works better than iWitness if you have realtime control..
Don't know what to tell you about the limited connect time, but as I said, be patient, as it may improve.

ps. If you would like me to test it from here, just PM me with the appropriate info.

HTH

spelbound

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »

Do yourself a favor "RETURN THE CRAP" you are having the same problem that almost every poster is having !
x10 products and tech support 'suck'
You should not trust a product that has such a %^&&*( support)
 >:(
Tahe a look at my post, its the same as yours and I've been dealing with this for weeks
Now I'm trying to get my money back!

Good luck
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.