Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I have magnetic sensor and....  (Read 6533 times)

Taylorsci

I have magnetic sensor and....
« on: November 28, 2006, 06:20:14 PM »

Hi i got a couple of magnetic sensors on my doors or at least I'm trying to the doors have molding on them so there is about a quarter inch difference so they don't match up correctly now i don't want to put popsicle sticks or anything under it i cant believe they haven't thought of this what do i do?

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: I have magnetic sensor and....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 06:52:39 PM »

You can try a small piece of masking tape and place the sensor where you want it and see if it will work. I have sensors that have as much as a 3/8 in gap that work just fine. Also have a few with at least a 1/4 offset to them and they still work. if it doesn't work just pull off the tape and try a new position. Once you find the right spot you can screw them down or use the double sided tape they give you.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: I have magnetic sensor and....
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:32:18 PM »

Hi i got a couple of magnetic sensors on my doors or at least I'm trying to the doors have molding on them so there is about a quarter inch difference so they don't match up correctly now i don't want to put popsicle sticks or anything under it i cant believe they haven't thought of this what do i do?

KDR is right, the magnetic reed switches work really well and 1/4 inch (or greater) shouldn't be a problem. However on a couple of my units I did cut a spacer out of a (really inexpensive) white nylon cutting board.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.