Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Active Home Pro - some appl mods not working?  (Read 35663 times)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Active Home Pro - some appl mods not working?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

Ok, they came on no problem, but come the end of night - problem occurs again ..  I look outside and sure enough, all the lights that I was having problems with are still lit.  I used the remote and they turned off fine.

I believe I have another tranceiver in my shed, but i highly doubt it's the same house code - could this be a problem? 

They didn't turn off with the Timer but did with the Remote...

...double check the timer settings, if ok, then your remote might have been going through another Transceiver.

It appears the signal to the problem module(s) is weak coming from the CM15A, and when the lights are turned on, the signal gets degraded enough to prevent the module from seeing the OFF signal from the CM15A.

Have you mapped out your circuits?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »

Dave G :
As stated before AHP Must be configured properly in order to use extra transceivers! You can have more than one.
    [li]Under tools click hard ware configuration in there make sure the house code you have another transceiver on is unchecked you may need to check "specific" for this to stick.[/li]
    [li]Next click "update interface" and click on the icon in the bottom right of the AHP window.[/li]
    [li]Next find the modules in AHP and make sure they are set as RF Transmiters[/li]
    [li]Save to the interface[/li]
    [li]If you are using XP no other steps are needed if your using 2000 you need to add "send RF' to the modules controlled by the additional Transceivers in macros and timers[/li]
    [/b]
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 09:08:03 AM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

Dave G

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    « Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 09:26:35 AM »

Thanks for your patience ...

I will give this a shot tonight.

- i am using windows XP
    - i will have to check the timer again, but i believe they are all set correctly.  everything i have been talking about is set to C5 and it's only about 15% that are not working properly.
    - besides plugging the modules in and using the remote and/or software, i am not very knowledgable about the 'other' stuff, so i will have to look into the 'mapping' of my 'circuits'
    - i know i use different house codes (tranceivers) for different purposes and know that i took out my 'Christmas' one.  I know i have one in my shed for my motion sensor / chime.  i also normally have one in my L/R, but it was temporarily taken out a couple days ago and i didn't put it back in yet.

again - i will give all your suggestions a try tonight and see what happens..  Thanks...

Puck

• Advanced Member
    « Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »

...so i will have to look into the 'mapping' of my 'circuits'

This statement motivated me... see How to Map your Electrical Circuits

Dave G

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »

...so i will have to look into the 'mapping' of my 'circuits'

This statement motivated me... see How to Map your Electrical Circuits

I have to apologize Puck - when i read your original question about mapping circuits, I wasn't even thinking about what you just CLEARLY described.

I do indeed have this mapping - and the circuit that I am having problems with is ONE of 4 dedicated circuits for my Christmas lights, so there is definitely nothing but Christmas lights on it.  Sorry I got so easily confused before - Tis the season where I work my butt off and can't keep track of my mind - LOL...

Dave G

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 09:51:34 PM »

Everything is looking as you all describe (with AHP).  I am  not sure how to tell if they are set as RF transmitters, but when i look at the log, i see receive RF, so I assume they are.

Is it possible that AHP is having problems when 2 different modules are set to the same house code and are both trying to be turned off at the same time ?  I am using 2pin & 3pin appliance modules and a few receptacle modules.

Sort of still confused....

Puck

• Advanced Member
    « Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 10:04:16 PM »

Is it possible that AHP is having problems when 2 different modules are set to the same house code and are both trying to be turned off at the same time ? 

No. AHP has the option to allow / disallow this... but in your case, you just have the one module representing all of them. And it doesn't matter to the modules because they just listen to the powerlines (as long as they are not 2-way modules).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    « Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 11:13:26 PM »

I am  not sure how to tell if they are set as RF transmitters, but when i look at the log, i see receive RF, so I assume they are.
    Click on the module and select edit this will show if it is set as a RF receiver if it isn't change it! ;) :D ;D
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

Dave G

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 11:34:29 PM »

hmmm...  I don't have any of my tranceivers 'set up in AHP' ... Do I need to?

My total house isn't all that complicated, I have House Code A for my normal day to day living.  most are lamp modules and some are switches (the older push ones).  one is a tranceiver set to A.

i have a second tranceiver in my shed with a motion detector - remote chime in the house - these are set to house code B.

For my Christmas lites etc, i use House Code C in conjunction with lamp modules, appliance modules (2 & 3 pin), receptacles and i also have a tranceiver plugged in.

All house code A stuff works fine.  B is just the chime and i have no problems.  C is the only problem and ONLY for like 1 or 2 of the appliance modules.  i know i repeated some stuff, but this is beginning to drive me nuts.  i didn't get a chance to do anything outside with the modules tonight, but may try to make time tomorrow - if not def Thurs.

Puck

• Advanced Member
    « Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 02:25:43 AM »

Dave: Since your set up works with the PalmPad Remote and with the TM751 Transceiver in the garage, why not make what works work for you?  ;)

• Add the Transceiver (House Code C) to AHP as Tuicemen suggested

• Set your Palmpad Remote to another House Code (maybe A if you normally use it there and have a spare Unit Code that's not in use)

• Create a Dummy Appliance Module in AHP with this new House / Unit Code

• Create a 2 Macros in AHP with this new House / Unit Code.... One to Trigger with ON and the other to Trigger with OFF

• Within the ON Macro, turn ON your Christmas Lights

• Within the OFF Macro, turn OFF your Christmas Lights

Trigger the Macros.... if the lights don't turn ON & OFF, then change the commands from turning that module ON & OFF to sending an RF Command ON & OFF for that House / Unit Code.

If you get this to work, change your Timer to Trigger this Dummy Module.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    « Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 11:11:53 PM »

Yes you need to! :) I'm surprised you haven't had more problems  ??? as AHP will send a plc as well as the other trancievers causing signals to get lost or the other transceivers to lock up! Adding them to AHP will only improve your set up! ;) :D ;D
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
    • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
    « Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 12:56:22 AM »

...you need to! :) I'm surprised you haven't had more problems  ??? as AHP will send a plc as well as the other trancievers causing signals to get lost or the other transceivers to lock up!

Adding them to AHP will only improve your set up! ;) :D ;D

I have 4 RR501 and/or HC50RX Transceivers in service:

• F: Motion Sensors

• H: Appliance Modules

• J: Macros

• L: Lower Level (Basement) Modules

AHP v3.204 doesn't know about any of them *AND* everything is working just fine (well, as fine as the CM15A can be, compared to the ROCK-STEADY service the CM11A provided ::) )!
    Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    « Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 08:31:02 AM »

AHP v3.204 doesn't know about any of them *AND* everything is working just fine (well, as fine as the CM15A can be, compared to the ROCK-STEADY service the CM11A provided ::) )!
    Maybe if AHP knew about them your WAF would improve!  ??? ::);) :D ;D
    as I stated: Adding them to AHP will only improve your set up!    
    AHP has them listed in the configuration for a reason! ;) :D ;D
    It's like a helping a newbie: If all the info isn't provided we're just shooting in the dark as far as being helpful!
    Given All the information provides a "Clearer Picture"!
    Compared to the guys in the shop running CM11A's my CM15A is more than ROCK-STEADY  ;) :D ;D

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:33:08 AM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
    • Helpful Post Rating: 139
    « Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 12:16:40 PM »

OK I'm being dumb here, but MY understanding of tranceivers and AHP, was that trancievers need to be identified in AHP only if AHP is used to send commands to the controlled outlet in the tranceiver. So if you do not use the controlled outlet in the RR501 or TM751, does AHP really give a rip?

I guess the real point is, do we really think transceivers not being identified in Dave G setup, the problem?

I keep going back to an early statement from Dave G: "Sorry all - this stuff has been working trouble free for me for the past MANY years, now these little annoyances are popping up and driving me nuts.."

Dave G - no new electronics in the house at all? 
    "This aftershave makes me look fat"

Puck

• Advanced Member
    « Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 12:42:06 PM »

dave w: The OP stated that AHP and the CM15A is the new electronics that was not there in the previous years of operating the Christmas Lights.

(not sure of when I upgraded to the Pro version, but thinking it was earlier this year- after my last use for Christmas lites.)

;)
    Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.