Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remote Chime SC546A  (Read 16401 times)

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Remote Chime SC546A
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 09:49:35 PM »

I have 2 set to the same code as the DS7000.  There is some hesitation, as just mentioned.  It takes about 4 flashes of the security light before they start working.

Billaban

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 09:43:53 AM »

Thanks, I'll give that scenario a try this evening. 

FWIW - I used panic mode to test since that is what the documentation for the PSH01 suggested.  I can partially buy into the concept that this is a "lean" manufacturer and that is how they keep this equipment relatively cheap, etc.   However, paper is cheap and accurate/coherent/concise documentation wouldn't cost much.  I speak from 20 yrs of software/systems engineering experience but I'll get off my soapbox now.

Re: Phase coupling and etc.  This certainly may be relevant but I had been discounting this since I have had no issues to date with the assorted x10 wired components of the DS7000 kit, i.e., has worked in every outlet I have tried.

*** UPDATE ***

I got each PSH01 unit to work on a couple wall outlets.  Several outlets didn't work.  Based on what is described in this thread I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  Disappointed, but not surprised.  I presume I can search the forum and find more than I ever wanted to know about phase coupling and noise diagnostics in order to determine how to proceed. 

Muchos grassy.

UPDATE ***

Thanks again.

Billaban
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 05:31:49 PM by Billaban »

glt

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 09:17:20 AM »

Thanks for updating, doesn't happen often enough.

My sirens USED to work on all outlets (w/ my PASSIVE phase coupler) but I've added a bunch of electronics since then, and although my lights still work, they don't (but I can still find good outlets).

I think my next step (which is NOT to move to unproven limited EXPENSIVE other technology) is to try THIS:

http://automatedoutlet.com/product.php?productid=463&cat=44&page=1

(note it's FREE + shipping) and some filters. Bet it's my APC UPS.

Love my DS7000. Could be better. Another attractive option on EBay lacks these LOUD remote sirens the and ability to flash lights.

GLT

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 11:01:46 AM »

Thanks for updating, doesn't happen often enough.

My sirens USED to work on all outlets (w/ my PASSIVE phase coupler) but I've added a bunch of electronics since then, and although my lights still work, they don't (but I can still find good outlets).

I think my next step (which is NOT to move to unproven limited EXPENSIVE other technology) is to try THIS:

http://automatedoutlet.com/product.php?productid=463&cat=44&page=1

(note it's FREE + shipping) and some filters. Bet it's my APC UPS.

Love my DS7000. Could be better. Another attractive option on EBay lacks these LOUD remote sirens the and ability to flash lights.

GLT

One quick thing to try when the PC or UPS is suspected is running a long extension cord from a receptacle on another branch circuit and plugging the CM15A into the extension cord.  Noise and signal-sucker problems often seem to decrease with distance from the source.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.