Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Leviton Switches  (Read 11072 times)

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Leviton Switches
« on: December 08, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

I have Leviton 6381 and 6383 switches. When I used the AH and CM11A timers worked (ON and Off). With AHP and the CM15A I am having problems from both timer and macro.

Example:

A5 is a Leviton 6381 switch. When I manually switch it (or via RF) the actiity monitor shows A5, A5 ON. But when running from timer or macro I get A5, A Bright 100%. The light never comes on. I've tried issuing A5 OFF, the ON in a macro but the same result.

Can anyone help?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Leviton Switches
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:16:52 PM »

But when running from timer or macro I get A5, A Bright 100%.

Make sure your Macro has the "Set Absolute" selected.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:21:43 PM »

A5 is a Leviton 6381 switch. When I manually switch it (or via RF) the actiity monitor shows A5, A5 ON. But when running from timer or macro I get A5, A Bright 100%. The light never comes on. I've tried issuing A5 OFF, the ON in a macro but the same result.

Can anyone help?

Tools -> Preferences -> Macro Options: Issue 'ON' in place of 'Bright 100%'
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 06:49:30 PM »

Yep, that worked. However, when I tried running a timer on that switch it still did a bright 100% command. So I had to create another macro with that switch defined as ON and set the macro's timer. Any reason why a switch/device timer won't issue ON instead of bright?

Thanks.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 01:23:41 AM »

Yep, that worked. However, when I tried running a timer on that switch it still did a bright 100% command. So I had to create another macro with that switch defined as ON and set the macro's timer. Any reason why a switch/device timer won't issue ON instead of bright?

ActiveHome Pro is the "Rebirth of Cool".   It's primary design emphasis was a cool GUI.  Working flexibly and correctly was only a secondary consideration.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »

...Working flexibly and correctly was only a secondary consideration.

You're aware of the final outcome of Alexander Litvinenko's criticism of the Kremlin... :o

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 09:32:19 PM »

...Working flexibly and correctly was only a secondary consideration.

You're aware of the final outcome of Alexander Litvinenko's criticism of the Kremlin... :o

You may be on to something!  Shortly after my last order from X-10 arrived and was unpacked I noticed I didn't need the room lights on anymore to be able to see my keyboard. 

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

David Mark

• Helpful Post Rating: -3
    • Ohio Media Group
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »

If their plan was a "cool" GUI, they failed miserably.  This is one of the worst Windows apps in history.  Ugly, twitchy, etc.

jkarney

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »

david mark ...... you have alot of anger to deal with  :'(

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 09:56:20 PM »

If their plan was a "cool" GUI, they failed miserably.  This is one of the worst Windows apps in history.  Ugly, twitchy, etc.

I think the ActiveHome Pro GUI is actually pretty decent as far as appearance is concerned, but it'd be nicer if it (and the CM15A) wasn't so buggy.  :D

My nomination for the ugliest, most difficult to use, and most exasperating GUI has got to be the old ActiveHome for the CM11A.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

David Mark

• Ohio Media Group
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 06:45:25 PM »

That's funny JKarney.  Actually, I am not at all angry that AHP has a terrible GUI.  I don't use it.

It is truly one of the worst Windows GUI's in history.  They broke everything, added twitching icons, etc.  This is not cool at all.

When I did use it to create my modules initially, it always irritated me that it couldn't figure out what room to put them in.  There were times that I wanted to reach right through the screen and strangle the developers for wasting my time (and for being incompetent idiots.)  But since I stopped running it I don't have those problems.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 07:48:42 PM »

When I did use it to create my modules initially, it always irritated me that it couldn't figure out what room to put them in.  There were times that I wanted to reach right through the screen and strangle the developers for wasting my time (and for being incompetent idiots.)  But since I stopped running it I don't have those problems.

Just wondering... how would software know in which rooms you intend your modules to be plugged in ?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

David Mark

• Ohio Media Group
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 08:05:41 PM »

Pretty simple really.  How does Windows know what folder you want to put the new file in?

If you are browsing your Dining Room, click "add module", you would expect it to default the room select to Dining Room right?

This is just one of a hundred such irritations in AHP.  The authors are clearly brain-dead.  How about the way the module types are "organized" on that dialog?  It is a catalog-mentality that made this thing.  And how about that Activity Monitor?  999 lines of X10 logging power.  Guaranteed, the dorks that wrote this are convinced it is the coolest thing in the world.  They must be as a I posted a long list of complaints back in 2004.  Their response?  We've got some cool new plugins to sell you!  The program is still a joke, but we've built more crap for it.

And I don't care if you can turn off the animated icons.  I saw that checkbox and didn't want to waste the time to click it.  I knew I would be closing the app soon enough.  It is the very idea of putting a constantly swinging door at the top of the main window that is an indicator of incompetence.  Are they kidding?  Are they trying to hypnotize people?  WTF?  It is like some bad Web page with too many animated GIF's.  By the same token, I don't really care that they removed the standard titlebar functionality and replaced it with advertising as I don't see it very often, but the very idea of it is troubling.  It really doesn't look that good.  It's like they decided that they were going to have one skin and there would be no way to switch back to a standard Windows look and feel.  They just don't deserve $50 for this crap.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 11:23:48 PM »

Funny.

I was in my Dining Room and just added a module to it.

BTW, there is NO "Add Module" command in AHP. You drag-N-drop the module you want.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 01:46:00 AM »

My nomination for the ugliest, most difficult to use, and most exasperating GUI has got to be the old ActiveHome for the CM11A.

After using AH/CM11A for *SO* many years, *I* needed some time to get accustomed to the " overdone / wasted-space / BUGGY " AHP GUI! ;D

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.