Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: simple macros won't update from sample macro built during wizard  (Read 3557 times)

ssteig

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
simple macros won't update from sample macro built during wizard
« on: December 26, 2006, 09:00:40 PM »

I am brand new at x10 and probably need to give up for today but...
It seems no matter how I change a macro I can't seem to get the cm15a to forget the sample macro turning off a lamp module and then back on again in 10 seconds. I have deleted the macro, changed the house code from A to M, re-written it several times, and read the forum.

I just want to right a macro trigerred by hr12a palm pad remote (m1 signal) to turn all the lights (M7, m8 and m9) in a room on and off. I assume it takes two macros to do this, one triggered by m1 on and the other triggered by m1 off? I tried putting a 0, 1, and 2 second delay between the three modules. And, beleive it or not, it still turns the first light off for 10 seconds then back on.

Any advice for a newbee would be appreciated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: simple macros won't update from sample macro built during wizard
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 09:21:42 PM »

You need to update the interface before the changes will take affect. ;)
 Most macros are stored on it, You may even have to purge the interface then upload the new macro!  ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ssteig

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 10:02:36 PM »

Thank you very much for the advice. How do I purge the interface? I have learned how to update it if that counts for anything.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:15:33 PM »

Thank you very much for the advice. How do I purge the interface? I have learned how to update it if that counts for anything.

"Tools" menu, option "Clear Interface Memory".

I ALWAYS do that before "Download Timers and Macros".

Reason: Based on the amount of time "Clear Interface Memory" takes it appears to totally erase ALL memory (used or not).  This will make sure that left-over data from the previous download doesn't get accidentally interpreted as part of the current programming.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

As bill stated
"Tools" menu, option "Clear Interface Memory".

Once you've played with AHP for a while you'll want to build macros with out using the wizard and use all the advanced features but for now just experiment! ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:18:26 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ssteig

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »

Well I think I had several problems but would not have been able to find this out without the great advise to purge the interface. I also found I have a bad appliance module that works only intermittently.

Now on to what I hope is the last problem with this simple exercise:
When I start the macro from the computer it works perfectly. When I start it from the key fob remote, it does nothing except blink the macros like it is trying to work. I checked the activity monitor, which may indicate a problem. When started from the computer, the activity monitor indicates the 2 commands for the modules in the macro were transmitted. The activity monitor after the remote indicates the correct trigger M1 on was received but then only the first of the commands is noticeable and it does not say transmit it says receive and the unit code is omitted. Also, when I push the top on button on the remote both the macros, one to turn the two modules on and one to turn the two modules off, blink. When I hit the top off button on the remote, only the macro with the trigger m1 off blinks.

I hope this is clear enough to understand. This is taking too much time for us all to figure out.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 10:31:30 AM »

ssteig:  Check your "Hardware Configuration"  located under "Tools" and make sure your house codes are set to transceived you may have to click "specific" in order for it to take!

Since you are both new to x10ActiveHome Pro and the boards let me suggest you check out this link
 Topic: Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 10907 times)
There are a lot of links located there which contain some valuable information which will help you to get a reliable system quickly!
This is a good place to start even if your not having problems or don't own ActiveHome Pro! ;) :D ;D

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:41:29 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ssteig

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »

That worked perfectly. I will also check out the web site you suggested. I don't think I have the 5th grade skill level others thought it took to operate x10. I was not aware there would be this many bugs - 2 second timers between commands, specific not auto on the transceived codes...

Thanks for all your help. I think this one is done.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.