Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A Is Going To Be The Death Of Me  (Read 4722 times)

edlennon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A Is Going To Be The Death Of Me
« on: December 11, 2006, 11:51:46 PM »

Ughh.  I cannot get my pc (running XP Pro) to recognize the CM15a.  I've tried everything mentioned in the forums....unplugged batteries, unplugged CM15a, rebooted, tried it with no batteries, new batteries, moved the interface further from the PC, uninstalled AHP, reinstalled, tried rebooting while standing on only one leg, etc, etc, etc.  My computer simply will not recognize that any new hardware has been added.  What makes this all the more frustrating is that the CM15a was working fine for about a month.  Then I had a computer crash.  After fixing my PC’s software issue, the CM15a is now invisible to my computer. 

How likely is it that the CM15a died at the same time as my recent computer issues?  Does anyone have any other suggestions to try.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:59:04 PM by edlennon »

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: CM15A Is Going To Be The Death Of Me
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 12:13:30 AM »

It is possible that the CM15A actually caused our PC to crash when it failed?

Have you verified that the USB ports still function by trying another USB device?

I would try the CM15A on another PC, just to see if it is recognized as a new USB device.

If the new PC doesn't detect it, I would return it for replacement..

edlennon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CM15A Is Going To Be The Death Of Me
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 12:36:09 AM »

Wow.  Classic case of being to close to the problem.  I had tried using different USB ports, but not one that I knew was currently working with an existing device.  When I unplugged the working USB device and replaced it with the CM15a, I was rewarded with the Windows "clunk, clunk" wave of my computer finding new hardware.  Ahhh.  Finally. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm back!!   :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.